Here you can continue your research, learn more about your library, and your librarians,
Mrs. Johnson and Mr. Sandoval. Please don't hesitate to ask for help!
The library is open from 7:35- 3:05 everyday unless specified.
You can come by before school, after school, or during class with a note from your teacher.
Our Objectives & Mission
- Create a positive environment where all patrons feel welcome.
- Maintain a collection that supports the curriculum and meet the needs of its patrons.
- Promote literacy: informational. reading, and digital.
- Guide students and staff to become effective users of information.
Library Policies and Procedures
- You must bring a note (not a lanyard) from your teacher to come to the library during class time.
- You are allowed to check out 5 books at a time.
- A book is checked out to you for 2 weeks. If you need more time with it, you can come to the library and renew it for 2 more weeks.
- Return your books in the book return located by the front door in the library.
- If your book is 30 school days past due, an obligation will be entered into Skyward and you will not be able to access your account.
- The first five pages of printing are free. After 5, you will be charged 10 cents per page.
- Textbooks are assigned in August and due in December for the fall semester. They are assigned in January and due in May for the spring semester.
- If the students textbook is not returned by the due date, an obligation will be placed in Skyward and the student will not be able to access their account until the book is returned or paid for.
- Classroom teachers decide if textbooks are checked out to individual students.
- Students are advised not to leave textbooks in teachers classrooms. If they choose to do so, they will still be held responsible if the book is lost, damaged or stolen.
- If the textbook needs to be paid for, please make the check payable to LHS and bring the payment to the library.