6:00 PM Board Meeting
6:00 PM Special Called Meeting
April 21, 2023
April 27, 2023
5:00 PM Board Work Session
May 1, 2023
6:00 PM Board Meeting
Kindergarten Pre-Registration Information
We are excited about preparing for our new Kindergarten students for the 23-24 school year! We want to provide you with some key dates and information for your planning purposes.
- Monday February 27th will be the opening date for the 23-24 New Student Online Enrollment which can be found at https://www.wcschools.com. You may begin your application for enrollment after this date, however your application won’t be processed until your appointment date in April.
- April 3rd – April 14th will be the dates for appointments for telephone or in person conferences with the registrar to complete your Kindergarten Pre-Registration. Parents/Guardians can sign up for an appointment via Signup Genius to go over your enrollment application with the registrar. Click the link below to sign up for an appointment.
- We are encouraging families to upload as many of the required documents as possible via the online enrollment process. If you are unable to upload the required documents during the online application for enrollment you can drop those off at the front office, take pictures of them and email them to email@example.com or bring the documents with you to your appointment.
- If your child attended the Pre-K program at Carroll-Oakland during the 22-23 school year and plans to attend Kindergarten you will not do a new student online enrollment during the April Kindergarten Pre-Registration. You will wait until the Returning Student Registration opens in July to enroll your student as a returning student.
- All Kindergarten students who complete the pre-registration will also need to complete the final registration process starting in July 2023 as a returning student.
Carroll Oakland 2022-2023 Strategic Plan
Updated 2022-2023 School Compacts
2022-2023 School Compact English
Please join us for Parent/Teacher Conferences on Tuesday, September 13 from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Jason Dunn, Principal
Kate Calvert, Assistant Principal
7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
What's Up Wilson!
PUBLIC NOTICE: Special Called Meeting
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on April 4, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon TN 37087. The purpose of the Special Called Board Meeting will be to consider an ethics complaint brought before the Board. Votes will be taken.
Important Feedback Needed for WCS Family Resource Center
The Wilson County Schools Family Resource Center is conducting a needs assessment regarding meeting needs of students and families, and to develop goals for the Family Resource Center. We appreciate you completing this short survey by March 22, 2023 in order for us to best serve our students and families. Click the link above to access the survey.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Board Work Session and Regular Meeting
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Work Session on March 13, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. followed by a Regular Board Meeting on March 13, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon TN 37087. The Work Session is for informational purposes only. No actions are taken, or voted on, by the Board at the Work Session. The purpose of the Board Meeting will be to discuss any matters legally brought before the Board.
District Receives Great Designation From TDOE & 2021-2022 Reward Schools Announced
We are very excited to announce that Wilson County Schools has been designated as an “Advancing District” by the Tennessee Department of Education. This designation places the district among the higher tier of academic performing districts across the entire state. This designation was based on various data points from the 2021-2022 school year. When taking into account the disruptions that COVID had caused in previous years, this designation is something to be extremely proud of.
Lauren Bush Named as Staff Attorney
We are excited to announce that Mrs. Lauren Bush has been named as Staff Attorney for the district. Her education and expertise is directly associated to this position as she served in this same role with Rutherford County Schools earlier in her career. She is very familiar with our district because for over three years she served as Deputy Director of Policy & Student Services. Following her work in that role, she was Deputy General Counsel for the Tennessee Department of Education.
Tracey Burge Named Director of Exceptional Education
We’re very excited to announce that Mrs. Tracey Burge has been named as the new Director of Exceptional Education! Mrs. Burge has been with the district for nearly 20 years and served as a Special Education teacher at W.A. Wright Elementary from 2005-2011. Since then, she has held a variety of administrative and supervisory roles, including principal duties at Lakeview Elementary from 2013-2020. Since 2020, she’s served as the district’s Middle School Supervisor.
Jennifer Yokom Named New Springdale Elementary Principal
We are very excited to announce that Mrs. Jennifer Yokom has been named as the new principal at Springdale Elementary! She is no stranger to Springdale, as she’s most recently served as the school’s assistant principal.
Christine Miller Named Federal Programs Supervisor
We're excited to announce that Mrs. Christine Miller has been named as the district's Federal Programs Supervisor. She's been with Wilson County Schools since 1998 and has served in a variety of roles including most recently as principal of Springdale Elementary. A longtime educator and dedicated administrator, her expertise in understanding administrative, teacher and student needs spans across 27 years overall.
Beverly Sharpe Named Wilson County Schools Principal of the Year 2022
We’re excited to announce that Mt. Juliet High School Principal Mrs. Beverly Sharpe has been named as the district’s “2022 Principal of the Year!” If you know Mrs. Sharpe, then you already know what an incredible person she is! She’s such an impactful and caring administrator, and has been for several years. Please help us in congratulating her!
Amy Gullion has been named as the district’s Elementary Instructional Supervisor
We are very excited to announce that Mrs. Amy Gullion has been named as the district’s Elementary Instructional Supervisor. Mrs. Gullion is in her 18th year overall in education, and prior to this role, she served as the district’s Federal Programs Supervisor. Throughout her vast and experienced career she has also been an elementary teacher, instructional coach and a K-12 literacy consultant with the State.
Bryan Adams Named as the New Deputy Director of Student Services
Wilson County Schools is very pleased to announce that Mr. Bryan Adams has been named as the new Deputy Director of Student Services. He previously held the position of WCS Elementary Supervisor, and prior to that he served as principal for five years at W.A. Wright Elementary.
Dr. Alexandra Juneau Named West Elementary School Principal
Wilson County Schools is also very pleased to announce that Dr. Alexandra Juneau, who was serving as West Elementary Interim Principal at the start of this school year has now been named as West Elementary Principal.