Kindergarten Pre-Registration Information (2021-2022 School Year)
We are excited about preparing for our new Kindergarten students for the 21-22 school year! While plans are still ongoing for how this process will work, we did want to provide you with some key dates and information for your planning purposes.
- Thursday, February 25th will be the opening date for the 21-22 New Student Online Enrollment which can be found by clicking this link.. You may begin your application for enrollment after this date, however your application won’t be processed until your appointment date in April.
- April 5th – April 16th will be the dates for appointments for telephone conferences with the registrar to complete your Kindergarten Pre-Registration. Parents/Guardians can sign up for an appointment via Signup Genius to go over your enrollment application with the registrar. The link to sign up for an appointment will be added to our website by March 19th. The Sign-Up Genius link can be found by clicking this link.
- We are encouraging families to upload as many of the required documents as possible via the online enrollment process. If you are unable to upload the required documents during the online application for enrollment you can drop those off at the front office or take pictures of them and email them to email@example.com.
- If your child attended the Pre-K program at Carroll-Oakland during the 20-21 school year and plans to attend Kindergarten you will not do a new student online enrollment during the April Kindergarten Pre-Registration. You will wait until the Returning Student Registration opens in July to enroll your student as a returning student.
- All Kindergarten students who complete the pre-registration will also need to complete the final registration process starting July 8, 2021 as a returning student.
Remote Learning Announcement
Carroll-Oakland School (K-8) will be transitioning to REMOTE LEARNING on Monday, December 7 -- Friday December 18th 2020.
This REMOTE LEARNING period will lead into the upcoming Holiday/Winter Break. It’s the intention for students to return to their current respective teaching and learning models on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 (K-5 Traditional, Grades 6-8 Hybrid).
The reason for this change in learning is due to an increasing number of students and staff affected by COVID-19, and out of the extreme caution for keeping our school community healthy.
Food Service will be available using our remote learning protocols. Should any students need food assistance during this time, then please email a cafeteria manager from any other neighboring non-Remote school. Please place those orders by 9:00 a.m. each school day. Meals can be picked up from 11:00-11:30 a.m. The contact info for cafeterias can be found by visiting School Cafeteria Managers.
For families that may be struggling with reliable access to the internet, please know that parking lots at these affected schools have been made available as a hotspot for additional support during this time. Also, please notify your student’s teachers if your internet is not reliable so that we can provide learning packets as needed.
More detailed information about this transition to Remote Learning has been emailed to our families with these schools.
We understand that this is a very difficult time for everyone and we appreciate all of the flexibility extended during implementation of our Remote Learning. Please let your student’s teachers know about individual needs or concerns. We will continue to give you updates as information becomes available.
What's Up Wilson!
Join Us for a Retirement Reception Honoring Dr. Donna L. Wright for Her 40-Year Career in Education
Skyward will be unavailable beginning on Monday, June 14 through Wednesday, July 7 to prepare for the new school year. Registration for returning students for the 2021-2022 school year will be available on Thursday, July 8. Click the link above for more information.
For information including dates and times for the summer meal programs offered by Wilson County Schools, click link above.
Rising 11th and 12th-grade students earn an associates degree at a reduced cost while in high school. Click on the link above for meeting dates and times.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!