Mission and Goals
The mission of Wilson County Schools is to ensure an environment in which every student develops high personal expectations, knowledge, and skills necessary to be successful today and in the future.
The Human Resources Department works with principals and department supervisors to create and promote a positive work environment and provides support to employees in a way that advances the overall mission of Wilson County Schools.
Overarching Goal: Recruit, select, develop, support, promote, compensate, and retain effective educators and support personnel
- Continue to recruit, develop and support candidates for Principal & Assistant Principal positions through a leadership training program
- Provide more opportunities for teacher leadership roles
- Promote the knowledge, skills, and competencies through further education and professional development for all staff
- Retain 90% of teachers who are a level 3 or above
- Retain 80% of support staff
- Provide incentives for hard-to-staff curriculum areas
- Provide mentors to new teachers
- Provide opportunities for growth and development for educators demonstrating ineffective practices with students
- Provide meaningful professional development