615-758-5846, Ext. 5508
Professional School Counselor: ASCA National Model
Direct Student Services
- Standards-based, developmentally appropriate counseling curriculum for academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Assisting students to set personal goals and develop future plans
- Responsive services via small group and individual counseling to meet students' immediate needs and concerns.
Indirect Student Services
- Referrals to other professionals or community agencies.
- Consultation and collaboration with other counselors, administrators, teachers, parents, community partners.
Program Management & School Support
- Management and accountability tasks and fair-share responsibilities.
The vision of the Wilson County K-8 School Counseling program is to support a school climate in which each student is valued and their developmental needs are considered whilst providing an
opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The K-8 School Counselor shall manage their School Counseling program and services by using data to make informed decisions and follow ethical practices.
The mission of our School Counseling program is to deliver comprehensive, differentiated, and data-driven services to reach all students, which allows students to attain skills and fosters necessary attitudes for academic, career, and social emotional success.
The school counselor believes through the Counseling Program that:
- All students are capable of achievement leading to success in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- All students’ developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors advocate for equal opportunities and fair treatment of all students in the educational setting.
- School counselors are involved in planning, management, delivery, and evaluation of the school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Needs assessments and achievement and other data should be used to design, implement, and evaluate the comprehensive school counseling program in order to best meet all students’ needs so that they are successful in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- Applying the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
Mental Health Counseling Providers