WELCOME TO THE GMS LIBRARY
Library Hours: 8:15-3:45
Follow us on Instagram for all the latest library news! @gladevillemslibrary
LIBRARY RULES AND PROCEDURES
DUE TO COVID-19, THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED FOR STUDENT BROWSING DURING THE DAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
IF STUDENTS WOULD LIKE TO CHECK OUT A BOOK, THEY CAN BROWSE DESTINY, THE LIBRARY'S ONLINE CATALOG, WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON CLASSLINK.
THROUGH DESTINY, STUDENTS CAN BROWSE THE LIBRARY'S COLLECTION AND PLACE A HOLD ON A BOOK THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO CHECK OUT. WHEN THE BOOK IS AVAILABLE, WE WILL DELIVER IT TO THE STUDENT IN THEIR ELA OR FOCUS CLASS.
BOOKS CAN BE CHECKED OUT FOR TWO WEEKS AT A TIME.
BOOKS CAN BE RENEWED FOR TWO WEEK INTERVALS IF NO ONE ELSE IS REQUESTING THE BOOK.
EACH STUDENT CAN CHECK OUT 2 BOOKS AT A TIME.
BOOKS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO THE DROP BOX LOCATED OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY.
ALL BOOKS WILL BE DISINFECTED AND QUARANTINED FOR A MIMIMUM OF 48 HOURS BEFORE GOING BACK ON THE SHELF.
IF A BOOK IS LOST OR DAMAGED, IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY FOR THE REPLACEMENT COST OF THE BOOK.
- Students may visit the library before school and during lunch. Passes can be found in the cafeteria/commons area.
- Students may visit the library during class time if they have a pass from a teacher. If a student comes to the library without a pass, he or she will be sent back to class.
- Students must sign in when they enter the library and sign out when they leave.
- Students are allowed to check out 2 books at a time.
- Books are checked out to students for 2 week intervals. Students may renew books for an additional two weeks.
- Books should be returned in the book return slot located at the front of the library.
- Students will be unable to check out additional books until all late books are returned.
- At the end of each quarter, past due book obligations will be entered into Skyward. Students/parents will not be able to access the Skyward account until the book has been turned in or paid for.
- Students/parents will be expected to pay for any lost or damaged library materials.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in the library.
- Cell phone use in the library is prohibited.
- Students are expected to treat the library's resources, the library staff, and one another with respect at all times.
- If students do not abide by library rules, they will be sent back to class.
A NOTE TO PARENTS
In a library that serves students ranging in ages from eleven to fourteen, a wide variety of materials are needed. What is interesting and appropriate for eleven-year-olds may not be interesting and/or appropriate for fourteen-year-olds. Parents are encouraged to engage their children in dialogue about what they are reading. If you find that your child is reading a book of which you do not approve, please send the book back to the library and we will work together to find something that your child can enjoy.