October 28, 2021
5:00 PM Board Work Session
November 1, 2021
6:00 PM Board Meeting
November 22, 2021
November 23, 2021
November 24, 2021
November 25, 2021
November 26, 2021
December 2, 2021
5:00 PM Board Work Session
- Rutland Elementary was named 2020-2021 REWARD school by the Tennessee Department of Education. click here to read more about it
- October 18 - Students return from Fall Break
- October 21 - Reports Cards for 1st nine-week grading period
- November 22-26 - Thanksgiving Break - NO school
- December 20- January 3 - Winter Break - NO school
Rutland Elementary Kindergarten/New Student registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open.
Children must be five years old by August 15, 2021 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. Please follow the two steps below.
- Never enrolled in Wilson County Schools or Wilson County Pre-K; with NO siblings Enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
- YES we have siblings already enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
Please make sure you have uploaded all of the original required documents listed below.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (requested)
- Tennessee School Immunization Certificate*
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Proof of Physical
- Proof of Custody (if parents are divorced/separated)
- Proof of Residence - the Primary custodial parent or guardian shall provide two (2) documents that are original (i.e. not a photocopy), recent (dated within the last 30 days), and include the current name and street address of the parent or legal guardian’s primary residency.
- Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand written letters from the land owner is not accepted); IF YOU LEASE, a signed lease is required.
- Motor vehicle registration with current address;
- Current bill assigned to specific address – electric, gas, water, landline telephone (cell phone bill not accepted);
- Current employment record (example most recent check stub with home address);
- Place of registration for voting;
- Tennessee Driver’s License with current address;
- Tennessee ID with current address; or
- Documentation from Tennessee Department of Human/Children’s Services for benefits with the current address.
The Attendance Director may verify a student’s residency at any time during the school year. During any such investigation, the child shall continue to attend school.
Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).
*To get a Tennessee School Immunization Certificate, parents should contact their child’s doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a physical. At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.
Once you have submitted your application and required documents, you will recieve an email with further instructions.
You should receive this within a week upon sending it.
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will hold a Work Session on October 28, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. and a Regular Board Meeting on November 1, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon TN 37087. The Work Session is for informational purposes only. No actions are taken, or voted on, by the Board at the Work Session. The purpose of the Board Meeting will be to discuss any matters legally brought before the Board.
This recommendation was approved unanimously by the WCS Board of Education on September 8, 2021: "To approve the recommendation from the Director of Schools to implement face covering requirements beginning Friday, September 10th, 2021 - with an opt-out provision pursuant to Executive Order 84 for all Wilson County Schools students, Wilson County Schools employees and adults on Wilson County Schools properties (during the school day) until October 4, 2021." This approved motion will be revisited at the October 4th BOE Meeting. Should families choose to opt-out of this approved requirement, then forms will be available via Skyward beginning on Thursday, September 9th. All families will receive additional notification tomorrow when the opt-out form is officially available.