May 31, 2021
June 3, 2021
5:00 PM Board Work Session
June 4, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
6:00 PM Board Meeting
June 10, 2021
Mark your Calendar
- March 29 - CLOSED due to road conditions
- Spring Pictures postponed
- April 1- Report Cards
- April 2 - NO SCHOOL
- May 3 - Asynchronous Learn at Home Day
Kindergarten/New Student Registration NOW OPEN
- See information below
Kids Bank Saturdays
at Wilson Bank and Trust throughout the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
Download the Box Top app to scan store receipts. It will automatically add school earnings for Rutland.
Click HERE for information about shopping online to earn money for our school throughout the 2020-2021 school year with SchoolStore.
Kindergarten/New Student Pre-Enrollment
Rutland Elementary Kindergarten/New Student registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open.
Children must be five years old by August 15, 2021 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. Please follow the two steps below.
- Never enrolled in Wilson County Schools or Wilson County Pre-K; with NO siblings Enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
- YES we have siblings already enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
If your child is currently in a Pre-K program or is or has received services for an evaluation from Wilson County Schools, your child is already in the Skyward program and you do NOT need to complete this step.
Please call or email Heather Faircloth instead. email@example.com 615-754-1800 ext 1
Please make sure you have uploaded all of the original required documents listed below.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (requested)
- Tennessee School Immunization Certificate*
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Proof of Physical
- Proof of Custody (if parents are divorced/separated)
- Proof of Residence - the Primary custodial parent or guardian shall provide two (2) documents that are original (i.e. not a photocopy), recent (dated within the last 30 days), and include the current name and street address of the parent or legal guardian’s primary residency.
- Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand written letters from the land owner is not accepted); IF YOU LEASE, a signed lease is required.
- Motor vehicle registration with current address;
- Current bill assigned to specific address – electric, gas, water, landline telephone (cell phone bill not accepted);
- Current employment record (example most recent check stub with home address);
- Place of registration for voting;
- Tennessee Driver’s License with current address;
- Tennessee ID with current address; or
- Documentation from Tennessee Department of Human/Children’s Services for benefits with the current address.
The Attendance Director may verify a student’s residency at any time during the school year. During any such investigation, the child shall continue to attend school.
Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).
Birth Certificate and proof of residence are required at registration. Also, schools request that the parents bring their child’s social security card. All other documents must be presented at the school by the first day of school.
*To get a Tennessee School Immunization Certificate, parents should contact their child’s doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a physical. At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.
A copy of the Tennessee School Immunization Certificate must be presented to the school at the time of the enrollment. This Immunization Certificate may be obtained from a private physician or medical facility, such as the Wilson County Health Department.
Once you have submitted your application and required documents, you will receive an email with further instructions.
You should receive this within a week upon sending.
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on May 8, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting is to have a Preliminary Budget Work Session. No votes will be asked for and no votes taken.
Wilson County Schools will allow Zone Exemptions for current Stoner Creek Elementary School students and 2021-2022 Stoner Creek Elementary Kindergarten students until May 7, 2021. Click the link above for more information and a copy of the request form.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on April 29, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to approve the contract to lease portable classrooms. The regular scheduled Work Session will follow at 5:00 p.m.
Wilson County Schools is very pleased to announce that W.A. Wright Elementary and Green Hill High School are recipients of 2021 Tennessee Valley Authority STEM Grants. These two schools are among 200 schools throughout the seven-state TVA coverage area to receive these grant funds. The competitive grant program provided teachers an opportunity to apply for funding up to $5,000. W.A. Wright Elementary received $3,500 and Green Hill High School was awarded $5,000 of STEM grant funds. Click the link above for more information.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!