Amanda Smith, Principal
Danielle Floyd, Assistant Principal
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
SUPPLY LIST DISCLAIMER:
- We are hoping students will not need the typical school supplies because of the donations we have recieved. Specifics coming soon.
- Our school wishlist items are paper towels and AAA batteries.
May 31, 2021
June 3, 2021
5:00 PM Board Work Session
June 4, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
6:00 PM Board Meeting
June 10, 2021
Stoner Creek Zone Exemptions 2021-2022
Wilson County Schools will allow Zone Exemptions for current Stoner Creek Elementary School students and 2021-2022 Stoner Creek Elementary Kindergarten students has now been extended until May 12, 2021.
For more information, link to the exemption form, and a list of frequently asked questions, please visit Stoner Creek Zone Exemptions 2021-2022.
Kindergarten registration is now open for the 2021/22 school year. Due to Covid protocols there will not be an onsite registration this year. Please visit the new students registration link and upload the required documentation needed. We are excited about our 2021/2022 Kindercat class! Please contact us with questions. Once you have registered within 10 business days you will receive an email confirming your enrollment. If you do not please contact Anissa Spry 615-754-6300 ext 5107.
Required documentation for Kindergarten is as follows:
- A certified copy of Birth Certificate
- A TN Immunization form with proof of physical dated after 08/05/2020, it must also have the correct box checked by the doctor.
- A copy of Custody agreement signed by judge of applicable
- 2 proofs of residence (all proofs must be in the custodial parents name)
- Accepted proofs of residence are as follows:
- Valid TN state DL/ ID card
- Current Car registration
- Current pay stub (within the last 30 days)
- Utility Bill (dated within the last 30 days)
- Copy of current Lease
- Accepted proofs of residence are as follows:
Professional School Counselor: ASCA National Model
Direct Student Services
- Standards-based, developmentally appropriate counseling curriculum for academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Assisting students to set personal goals and develop future plans
- Responsive services via small group and individual counseling to meet students' immediate needs and concerns.
Indirect Student Services
- Referrals to other professionals or community agencies.
- Consultation and collaboration with other counselors, administrators, teachers, parents, community partners.
Program Management & School Support
- Management and accountability tasks and fair-share responsibilities.
The vision of the Wilson County K-8 School Counseling program is to support a school climate in which each student is valued and their developmental needs are considered whilst providing an
opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The K-8 School Counselor shall manage their School Counseling program and services by using data to make informed decisions and follow ethical practices.
The mission of our School Counseling program is to deliver comprehensive, differentiated, and data-driven services to reach all students, which allows students to attain skills and fosters necessary attitudes for academic, career, and social emotional success.
The school counselor believes through the Counseling Program that:
- All students are capable of achievement leading to success in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- All students’ developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors advocate for equal opportunities and fair treatment of all students in the educational setting.
- School counselors are involved in planning, management, delivery, and evaluation of the school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Needs assessments and achievement and other data should be used to design, implement, and evaluate the comprehensive school counseling program in order to best meet all students’ needs so that they are successful in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- Applying the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on May 8, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting is to have a Preliminary Budget Work Session. No votes will be asked for and no votes taken.
Wilson County Schools will allow Zone Exemptions for current Stoner Creek Elementary School students and 2021-2022 Stoner Creek Elementary Kindergarten students until May 7, 2021. Click the link above for more information and a copy of the request form.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on April 29, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to approve the contract to lease portable classrooms. The regular scheduled Work Session will follow at 5:00 p.m.
Wilson County Schools is very pleased to announce that W.A. Wright Elementary and Green Hill High School are recipients of 2021 Tennessee Valley Authority STEM Grants. These two schools are among 200 schools throughout the seven-state TVA coverage area to receive these grant funds. The competitive grant program provided teachers an opportunity to apply for funding up to $5,000. W.A. Wright Elementary received $3,500 and Green Hill High School was awarded $5,000 of STEM grant funds. Click the link above for more information.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!