District Re-Entry Plan Announcements
The Parent University program provides training, information, and resources to parents, caregivers, and learning coaches that will aid in engaging with their student’s learning on each of the district's learning plans.
Click the image below to enter to view the Parent University resources.
Subject to Change.
For more information, visit Health & Safety.
Kevin Dawson- Principal
Kelly MacLean - Assistant Principal
Courtney Quisberg- Assistant Principal
Dr. Chris Tucker- Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
8:45 am to 3:45 pm
Yearbooks are on sale! They are currently $80. You can purchase them online at www.balfour.com
On Saturday, September 19th, they will go up to $85. We only pre-ordered a limited amount, so order yours today before they are gone!
Senior Salutes and Business Ads:
If you own a business and want to advertise in the First-Ever Yearbook at GHHS, OR you want an ad in the book to honor your Senior!
You can purchase an ad online at www.balfour.com
1/8 page ad $60
1/4 page ad $95
1/2 page ad $165
Full page ad $310
You can have a video attached to your ad for additional $45 with a QR code.
To order: www.balfour.com
- Click on “Shop My School”
- Type in Green Hill High School (it is fixed and says Mt. Juliet, TN now)
- Click “Yearbook Products and Ads”
- Scroll down to AD size OR if ordering yearbook, choose package desired
- You can design your own ad there
- OR you can purchase space and send us digital artwork and we will design for you.
- Pay online with credit card
- If you want to add a QR code, please contact adviser at johnsonjL@wcschools.com for assistance
Yearbook photographers can’t be everywhere, so if you’ve got great photos of school events, or of you and your friends just having fun, please share them with us.
The more photos you share, the better our yearbook will be for everyone!
It’s easy; submit your photos today! The last day to submit photos is May, 24, 2021.
TO UPLOAD PHOTOS FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE:
- Search for Balfour Image Share in your app marketplace
- Download the app and create your account:
- Enter your name, email and our project number 129705 .
- Check your email for a confirmation code. Enter it, select a username & password to complete your registration.
- Our upload code is GHHS2021.
**Please know that not all pictures can be used. By submitting the photos, you are giving us permission to use the photos in the yearbook.**
On this 19th anniversary of September 11th I want you to be aware of how we recognized the occasion with our students and Green Hill community. Our JROTC instructors, LTC Murray and CSM Acla lowered our flag to half-staff in a brief remembrance ceremony this morning. During the morning announcements the following was read over the intercom system: “Today marks the 19-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center towers in New York City, the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, and United Airlines Flight 93 which crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It is a day of remembrance for the 2,977 lives lost on September 11, 2001, which included first responders. September 11 is considered a National Day of Service and Remembrance. Flags fly at half-staff on this day to remember that morning, and to acknowledge the heroic Americans who responded with courage, charity, and sacrifice. Please use our moment of silence today to honor of the lives lost on 9/11, 2001.”
Class fees for Green Hill High School are now available to be paid using School Cash Online (https://link.zixcentral.com/u/6de559eb/dAsCqGj06hGOWaa6hnsoMg?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wcschools.com%2FPage%2F4671). We will only accept fee payments via the online platform, beyond the decrease in movement of items from hand-to-hand this is a protective measure we can extend to our teachers by limiting the opportunity for mishandling school funds and preserving class/planning time. I appreciate your help and support in this matter.
School Entrance Clarification:
While our campus is currently restricted for visitors, there is still the need for late check-ins or early sign-outs. If you are coming to sign a student in or out, please part at the Commons Entrance (facing Lebanon Road) and enter the office on the right. The front office (facing N. Greenhill Road) should be used for appointments only.
Senior ACT/Junior Practice Exam:
Reminder — The Senior ACT is scheduled for September 22nd. For that day, Freshmen & Sophomores will be on a Remote Day and only Juniors & Seniors will attend school regardless of A or B and includes Virtual students. The Seniors will take the ACT, and the Juniors will participate in a practice exam that will come with results, test preparation focus, and an online test prep program we can use to get them ready for the State Exam in March. Students wishing to leave upon completion of the exam need to bring an excuse note to their testing administrator. Students need to bring #2 pencils, an approved calculator, and a photo ID. No phones or smart watches are permitted in the testing rooms.
I, __________ (parent), give __________ (student) permission to be excused upon completion of the ACT exam. (date)
School Counseling Department:
1. Counselors will begin assisting seniors in signing up for TN Promise through their homerooms next week. Seniors should know their social security numbers, and seniors who are also dual enrollment students should know their TSAC Login (used to apply for dual enrollment grant).
2. Counselors will begin a "senior spotlight" bulletin board outside of the counseling office to help recognize our first senior class.
3. TN Higher Education Commission is offering FREE webinars called Paying for College 101. This is especially beneficial for juniors, seniors, and their families, but anyone is welcome. Webinars are offered several times daily, making it convenient for you and your family, but you must register to participate! Registration can be found here: https://link.zixcentral.com/u/590b8761/5McCqGj06hGrYqa6hnsoMg?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tn.gov%2Fthec%2Fcovid-19-campus-information%2Foutreach-virtual-presentations.html
4. For parent/teacher conferences, counselors will be available to help support parents/guardians and teachers during meetings. If you wish to schedule a meeting solely with your child's counselor, please reach out to them directly by contacting the counseling office at 615-773-9611.
5. Vol State is hosting a drive-thru college fair for high school students and their families. College reps from top area colleges and universities will be on site to provide information, and the drive-thru format allows for students and families to remain socially distant and safe. It will be on September 17 from 4-6 PM in Lot D on the Vol State campus. Register today at: https://link.zixcentral.com/u/6f73c450/KhgDqGj06hGg9Ka6hnsoMg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2Fcollege2020VS!
Yearbook, Pictures, and Senior Salutes:
Attached are the flyers for Business Ads and Senior Salutes for yearbook.
1/8 of a page is $60
¼ of a page is $95
½ of a page is $165
Full page is $310
To add a QR to your ad is an additional $45.
**To design your ad, go to www.balfour.com **
Yearbooks are now on pre-order for $80 online at www.balfour.com
They will be going up to $85 on September 19th. We pre-ordered a limited amount.
Individual Pictures for yearbook and student IDs will be:
September 15 for A-day during school hours
September 16 for B-day during school hours
September 15 for Virtual students from 4pm – 7pm.
Email me if you have any questions: johnsonjL@wcschools.com
Parents (specifically ones who drive onto campus!),
Now that we have been able to see the amount of vehicles on the campus, particularly those utilizing the car rider area, we need to make some adjustments in order to facilitate more vehicles on the school campus and free up space on N. Greenhill Road. The change is effective Thursday morning, August 20th.
We are going to switch the bus lanes and the car rider lanes. This will mean parent drivers/car riders will be able to fill both lanes around the entire building. The buses will now enter from the Lebanon Road entrance and fill the drive thru marked with Handicapped parking for events.
The attachment has parents marked in blue and the new bus route marked in red. Student drivers will continue to use the entrance/exit from Lebanon Road.
Please be attentive while driving around the campus as we will have students walking to both cars and buses.
I appreciate everyone's patience during this process. I know traffic has been slow, but drivers have been gracious as we have worked to keep things safe.
High School Modified A/B Block Schedule
So what exactly is a "Modified A/B Block High School Schedule?" This video gives a great overall explanation of what that looks like. Our high schools will have this schedule when the 2020-2021 school year begins. So, if you're a high school student in our district, or you're a parent/guardian of a new or returning high school student, then please take some time to check this out!
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is based on a traditional day with normal school hours. Should the ongoing pandemic force alternate plans to be put into place to start the upcoming school year, then those plans will be addressed at the appropriate time.
What's Up Wilson!
At the September 8th Board of Education Meeting, the board voted to allow Pre-K through 3rd grade students, who are currently enrolled in Modified Hybrid to transition into “Full Time Traditional” starting on Monday, September 21. For more information, click the link above.
What this means for Wilson County families is that all children, regardless of eligibility, can eat a standard breakfast and lunch at no cost through December. Click the link above for more information.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. to attend the TSBA Fall District Virtual Meeting, followed by a regular Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m., at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. Board Meetings are streamed online at Watch Board Meetings. The Work Session and Board Meeting previously scheduled for September 14 has been cancelled.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!