District Re-Entry Plan Announcements
The Parent University program provides training, information, and resources to parents, caregivers, and learning coaches that will aid in engaging with their student’s learning on each of the district's learning plans.
Click the image below to enter to view the Parent University resources.
Subject to Change.
For more information, visit Health & Safety.
September 17, 2020 3:30-5:30
For new students interested in enrolling in Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year.
1st priority for enrollment is given to children who:
- Turn four years old by August 15, 2020
- The family meets federal invome poverty guidelines
2nd priority for enrollment is give to chilren who:
- Have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
- Are in State or Foster Care
- Is an English Language Learner
- Has a parent deployed in active military duty
Any additonal spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis (based on the received application date and need). Families will be notified as soon as possible if additonal spaces are available.
Directions for completing Voluntary Application
- Go to www.wcschools.com
- Click on Students and Family
- Click on Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Click on Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment (Required documents for Pre-K are listed here)
- Read through the information then click on New Student Enrollment at the bottom of the page
- Scroll to Instructions for Completing Online Enrollment
- Read through the two options (currently have a student enrolled in WCS and need to enroll a new student OR you are new to the WCS system)
- Follow the directions under the option that applies to you
- Complete application and upload required documents
- Once you have submitted your complete application, someone in the Pre-K department will contact you.
Required Documents for Pre-K Registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Current Shot Record (with signed physical)
- Two Proofs of Residence
- Medical Insurance Card
- Copy of W-2 or most recent year tax return
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- EBT or WIC Card (if applicable)
For Additional Information Contact:
Lisa Baldwin, Voluntary Pre-K Program Assistant
Jenn Moreland, Voluntary Pre-K Lead
Anne Barger, Voluntary Pre-K Supervisor
www.wcschools.com--Click Parent Tab, then Registration
www.wcschools.com--Click Let's Talk
We are dedicated to providing the most up to date communication regarding the reopening of our school. Continuous updates will be made to this plan.
What's Up Wilson!
At the September 8th Board of Education Meeting, the board voted to allow Pre-K through 3rd grade students, who are currently enrolled in Modified Hybrid to transition into “Full Time Traditional” starting on Monday, September 21. For more information, click the link above.
What this means for Wilson County families is that all children, regardless of eligibility, can eat a standard breakfast and lunch at no cost through December. Click the link above for more information.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. to attend the TSBA Fall District Virtual Meeting, followed by a regular Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m., at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. Board Meetings are streamed online at Watch Board Meetings. The Work Session and Board Meeting previously scheduled for September 14 has been cancelled.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!