Travis Mayfield, Principal
Chip Bevis, Assistant Principal (9th)
Jason Franklin, Assistant Principal (10th)
Missi Oakley, Assistant Principal (11th)
Ranesa Shipman, Assistant Principal (12th)
Jennifer Ankney, Assistant Principal
(Curriculum and Instruction)
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
5:00 AM - 3:00 PM Connect Church Service
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM BB practice
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Track & Field
3:30 PM - 6:00 PM Girls/Boys BB practice
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM sideline cheer- dance room
5:30 PM - 9:00 PM Alliance VB
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Freshman BB game
Balfour will be here during lunch on Tuesday, Jan. 22 to deliver letter jackets and junior class rings. They will be set up outside the Main Office.
NEWS FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
1. NEXT STEPS FOR TN PROMISE—Students should apply to a college that accepts TN Promise. They must also complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA by February 1st. www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. SKYWARD STUDENT ACCESS—Students need to make sure they know their Skyward Username and Password in preparation for entering course requests for the 2019-2020 school year. Requests must be entered on the website, not the Skyward App. Requests can only be entered through the STUDENT account, not parent account. If you forgot your password, you can click the “Forgot your Login/Password?” button on the login page. A reset will be sent to your school Google email.
3. COUNSELING DEPARTMENT REMIND TEXT ALERTS—If you haven’t signed up to receive the counseling department text alerts, please visit this link to sign up for your child’s graduating class: https://www.wcschools.com/Page/2875 Once you sign up, you will get texts every year for four years. You don’t have to sign up every year.
2nd SEMESTER SCHEDULES AND SCHEDULE CHANGE PROCESS
1. For 2nd semester, we will not be passing out paper schedules. Students will have access to their schedules in Skyward a few days before we return to school.
2. S2 Schedule Change Request Form—Per district policy, only certain schedule changes are approved. Please read the "May I Change My Schedule?" sheet for details.
3. We are using paper schedule change forms for 2nd semester. Students will be able to pick up schedule change forms outside the guidance office starting at lunch on Tuesday, December 18. The form must be signed by the grade level principal; however, this doesn’t guarantee a change.
4. Change forms must be submitted to guidance by Friday, January 11 to be considered for a change .
2019-2020 Course Registration Tentative Calendar of Events
Monday, Feb. 4—9th-11th class meetings 1st and 2nd blocks in auditorium (course registration packets distributed by teachers before they come to auditorium)
Tuesday, Feb. 5 in the Morning—8th Graders Visit WCHS (They will rotate through different sessions in auditorium, gym, and café)—They will receive their packets during visit.
Wednesday, Feb. 6 4pm-7pm Parent-Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, Feb. 6 @6pm College Credit Night (Auditorium)
Wednesday, Feb. 6 @6:30pm 8th Grade Parent Night—counselor presentation in auditorium (Parents will have from 6pm-6:30pm to visit class, club, athletic displays—Displays will be by teacher classrooms instead of in cafe)
WK Feb. 11 Interest Meetings during 1st half of lunch (AP, Dual Enrollment, Service Learning, Workbased Learning) and Skyward Course Request video during one block.
Friday, Feb. 15—9th grade course request sheets due to teacher (not sure which block teacher yet)
WK Feb. 19th—Counselors visit 9th Grade Classes for Skyward Course Request instruction and lunch help with Skyward each day.
Fri., Feb. 22 9th-11th Course Request Sheets Due and Requests entered into skyward
Please feel free to advertise that Homework Hotline is a resource available for students who need homework assistance. Teachers are available Monday-Thursday from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. For information, please visit their website here. For assistance, students and parents can call Homework Hotline at 615-298-6636. If administrators have questions, please contact Rebekah Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball open gym for anyone wanting to participate will be this Thursday (1/10) in small gym at 7:00 AM- 8:00 AM. Following weeks will be every Tues/Thurs and everyone is welcome.
ACT re-take scores have been sent to students. The score report that is sent to the student, it still says “October 2018/State” for the date of the test although these are the scores for the December re-take. This is already causing some confusion and generating some phone calls.