FAMILY APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED PRICE MEALS 2021-2022
The USDA announced that free lunches would continue to be served to ALL students once again for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
With that assistance already in place, our District is still seeking to obtain completed applications from families who would likely apply and qualify for free/reduced priced meals. It is important to receive these applications in order to attain the maximum amount of federal assistance for other programs (outside of free meals) that greatly benefit our students and families.
Some examples of additional programs that your family may benefit from if you qualify for free or reduced priced meals:
- School/classroom fees waived
- Discounts for internet services
- P-EBT cards
- Immediate acceptance into summer learning programs
- Immediate acceptance into before and after school tutoring services
- And much more!
HOW TO APPLY
As a family, you will need to have an approved application on file with Wilson County Schools to qualify for these additional supports and resources.
- Benefits of applying online:
- Access by computer or mobile device
- Faster Processing
- Secure Website
- Eliminate Possiblility of Lost Paperwork
- Apply by visiting SchoolCafé.
- No account required
- Click the “Apply for Benefits (as a guest) link
Submit the completed application to your child’s teacher/school OR mail to:
Wilson County School Nutrition Department
415 Harding Drive
Lebanon, TN 37087
QUESTIONS or NEED ASSISTANCE?
Contact Velva Gray by email or call 615-453-7308 for questions or assistance completing the application.
WCS School Nutrition Announcements
USDA EXTENDS FREE MEALS THROUGH JUNE 2022
- USDA has extended free meals for all kids through June 2022 or until available federal funding runs out.
- All children, regardless of eligibility, can eat a standard breakfast and lunch free through June 2022.
- For more information, visit USDA Free Meals for Kids.
- To help you, the Tennessee Department of Human Services launched the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program to provide extra resources for families to buy food. This program is about to launch Round 3 to provide benefits backdated to October 2020 and continuing through the 2021 school year to eligible students.
- Visit our P-EBT Information page to access links and resources for qualifications as well as checking your address and child's information.
Food & Nutrition Overview
Wilson County students are enjoying healthy new choices in their cafeterias.
Wilson County is serving school meals that meet tough new federal nutrition standards, ensuring that meals are healthy, well-balanced and provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school.
School meals offer students milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins and grains, and they must meet additional standards requiring:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of produce)
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- More whole grains
- And less sodium
We are always working to offer students healthier and tastier choices. School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families.
School Café Online Payments
(School Café does not work on Internet Explorer)
- Prepay for your child’s meals by using Visa or MasterCard
- Website available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- View account balances and student purchase history
- Receive email notice when account balance is low
Create an Account:
- Use your child’s school ID#, not lunch number.
- You can obtain your child’s school ID# within Family Access under the Student Info Tab or reach out to your school’s cafeteria manager.
- 3.5% convenience fee per transaction
Visit the district's Meal Charge Policy for information.
Meal Pricing 2020-2021
Elementary Breakfast = $1.50
Middle School Breakfast = $1.50
High School Breakfast = $1.75
Reduced Breakfast = $ .30
Wilson County Employee Breakfast = $2.50
Adult Visitor Breakfast = $3.00
Youth Visitor Breakfast = $2.50
Elementary Lunch = $2.00
Middle School Lunch = $2.00
High School Lunch = $2.25
Student Reduced Lunch = $ .40
Wilson County Employee Lunch = $3.00
Adult Visitor Lunch = $3.50
Youth Visitor Lunch = $3.00
Biscuit w/Meat Sandwich - Secondary = $1.50
Biscuit, Specialty, meat, egg and cheese = $2.00
Brownie = $0.75
Grain - Toast, hush puppies or graham crackers (2 packs) = $0.50
Grain - Biscuit, garlic knot, rolls, plain breadstick = $0.75
Grain - Twisted breadstick = $1.25
Bosco Sticks - cheese or pepperoni - sold 1 per sleeve = $1.25
Breakfast Entrée = $1.25
Canned Fruit/Vegetable = $0.75
Cereal Bowlpack = $1.00
Cereal Bowlpack - large (High schools) = $1.50
Chips K-12 = $1.00
Cookie, Chocolate chip, IW = $0.75
Dressing Packets (1.5 oz or 2 ounce souffle cup) = $0.50
Drinks, 100% Fruit Juices 10 ounce from Pepsi = $1.50
Drinks, Bottled Water, 10 ounce (IWC) = $0.75
Drinks, Bottled Water, Plain and Flavored 20 ounce from Pepsi = $1.25
Drinks, Green Tea, Lipton from Pepsi = $1.50
Drinks, Milo's Tea - 12 ounce = $1.50
Drinks, Mt. Dew Kickstart, 12 ounce can = $1.50
Drinks, Gatorade Zero- 20 ounce = $1.50
Drinks, Sparking Ice, 17 ounce - All Flavors = $2.00
Drinks, Switch 100% Fruit Juice - All Flavors = $1.25
Drinks, Water - Life, SoBe Life, Propel = $2.00
Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pears) = $0.75
Fruit Bowl, Seasonal, 12 ounce = $2.50
Fruit Slushie Cup = $1.00
Fruit Snacks (Roll-ups, gushers, fruit by the foot) = $0.75
Granola bars, Cereal bars, Granola snacks, packs, etc. = $0.75
Ice Cream K-8 = $0.75
Ice Cream 9 - 12 = $1.00
Lunch Entrée = $1.50
Milk = $0.50
Poptarts - single pack = $0.75
Rice Krispy Treat -1.4 oz = $1.00
Salsa and dippers = $0.75
Sandwiches, specialty = $2.00
Veggie Bowls w/Dipper = $2.50
Yogurt - 4 ounce = $0.75
Specialty Salads = $3.00