Connect 4 Learning Curriculum Overview
In Pre-K, we use the Connect 4 Learning curriculum. This curriculum offers practices and concepts to apply across math, science, literacy and social-emotional learning while preserving what is distinctive about each of them.
C4L starts with sequences of science and math topics, while providing considerable time for literacy and social-emotional learning. The content is not segmented. Rather, you will find that most lessons support learning in more than one domain.
In addition to domain-specific content, teachers work with thinking processes and goals that are consistent across all four domains:
- Communicating and representing
- Comparing and classifying
- Creating, imagining, and innovating
- Persisting, attending, and self-regulation
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Making sense
- Using tools strategically