Note to Parents
The Wilson County Pre-Kindergarten program is where your child can learn and grow. Our purpose is to help children prepare to enter school, to encourage a healthy respect for self and others, and to enrich and involve children in order to kindle a zest for future learning and growth.
You will become a member of the team required to make each child’s school experience a success. As a parent, you are your child first, and most important teacher.
- Read to your child each night. It’s a time they will cherish for a lifetime.
- Keep adult conversations and worries away from the children. What children hear at home, they repeat at school.
- Provide opportunities for your child to play away from the television or stereo. Children learn through creative, active play opportunities.
- Send them off to school each day with a hug and kiss. Let them know you will be waiting for them at the end of the school day.
Please help your child to grow in confidence by:
- eating together as a family
- passing along your family’s spiritual tradition
- both determining your rules and follow them
Books from Birth
The mission of Governor's Books from Birth Foundation (GBBF) is to promote early childhood literacy in Tennessee's birth to age five population. In partnership with Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, GBBF gives all preschoolers in Tennessee the opportunity to receive books in the mail at no cost to families. Our vision is a Tennessee where all preschool children have books in their homes, develop a love of reading and learning, and begin school prepared to succeed, from kindergarten throughout their educational journeys.
Each month a new, carefully selected book will be mailed in you child’s name directly to your home. He/she can look forward to new and exciting reading adventures from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library until he/she turns five years old and you remain a resident of Wilson County.
The Voluntary Pre-K initiative provides Tennessee's four-year-old children—with an emphasis on four year olds who are at-risk—an opportunity to develop school readiness skills (pre-academic and social skills).
As resource for parents on building Thinkers in TN. It takes a community to raise a leader. Learn how you can ensure all students are ready for their future