New Hire Information for Teachers
Welcome to Wilson County Schools! We can't wait to meet you!
In order to process your paperwork in a timely manner, please be sure that your online application has your current email address on it so that you will receive all communication from us.
If the following are not included in your online application, there may be a delay in receiving your online paperwork packet.
- UPDATED TRANSCRIPTS
- UPDATED PRAXIS SCORES
- A COPY OF YOUR TN TEACHING LICENSE OR A LETTER FROM YOUR UNIVERSITY STATING THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR LICENSE
- EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR 3 REFERENCES
If you have questions, please click on the Let's Talk link and we will work hard to answer your questions as quickly as possible.
Timeline for 2018-2019 New Hires
Finish all of your application requirements (listed above)
If you have evaluation scores from 16-17, you will need to bring those with you to your final paperwork session. Please start getting those together.
You may begin attending in-services for Wilson County after May 25, 2018. You will need to sign in at the door because you will not be in the online system yet.
You will begin receiving online paperwork forms. Inside the forms will be a link for you to sign up for your fingerprinting and drug-test. Please sign up to have these completed within 7 days of receipt. If you cannot complete within 7 days, please email Deanna Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements. You will receive an email with your fingerprint and drug-test appointment information on it once your appointment has been scheduled.
We can't accept fingerprint or drug-test results from another system. You will be required to repeat them at no charge to you.
Once we receive the results of your fingerprints and drug-test, we will schedule a time for you to come in for your final appointment. You will not need to call to schedule your final appointment. You will be contacted by email.
At your final appointment you will:
- receive your county email address and password
- receive your Google email address and password
- receive your Skyward on-line training password
- receive your badge
Be sure to bring with you:
- your completed physical form (Your physical must be completed on the form below. You will not be able to start the school year unless we have the physical form on file for you.
- driver's license
- a form of acceptable identification for I-9 completion
- voided check (if you did not upload one into your online direct deposit form)
- previous evaluation scores for years listed above if you have taught in TN
- experience verification forms if applicable
- any other documents you have not turned in to us
To contact HR
Click on the Let's Talk Icon Below!