Morning Car Arrival RemindersWhile traffic can enter the school drive from either direction on Saundersville Road in the mornings, due to safety and a constantly moving line, there is only one car line in the mornings.Please make sure that your child is prepared to exit the vehicle. It is important that students exit on the side nearest the building so that all students can be seen by staff members as well as other vehicles. We do not want students walking in front of vehicles. But, if it is necessary for your child to exit on the driver's side, please make sure they walk in front of their own car. This helps maintain a safe and orderly arrival. If your child needs assistance with their seat belts/car seats, we ask you to do this as quickly as possible as the line is constantly moving. If you feel you need more time than what it is allotted, please park and walk your child to the crosswalk after assisting them.If a student arrives after 7:15, please park and walk your child inside to sign them in.Please note that our building doors open at 6:45 a.m. Please do not drop your child off unattended before this time.Students that arrive between 6:45 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. will report to the gym where they will sit with their grade-level. At 7:00 a.m., students are dismissed from the gym to go to their classrooms. Students are counted tardy if they arrive to class after 7:15 a.m. Our car line can get quite busy after 7:00 a.m.; please plan accordingly if dropping off your child in the mornings.
Afternoon Dismissal ProceduresPlease note: In an attempt to get our students home safely and to ensure their arrival at the correct destination, we will not accept transportation changes after 1:30 p.m. Calls and e-mails that come after this time can cause unnecessary confusion at dismissal which increases the likelihood of a student going home the wrong way.
- Daycare and Bus riders will be dismissed at 2:05.
- Car riders will be dismissed at 2:10.
- If a car rider needs to be picked up before the car line dismissal time, they must be signed out through the main office.
- If your child needs assistance with buckling their seat belts in the afternoons, you may assist them by standing at your car waiting for them to exit the building so that you will be able to immediately assist your child to expedite the loading process.
- If you walk to the school to pick up your child, you must have a Lakeview car tag out and visible for the staff to see.
- Please wait outside our lobby doors next to the flower bed, forming a line on the sidewalk staying clear of the busses and the exit doors.
- Please do not wait for or pick up your child from the lobby area. If you've signed them out, please wait for your child in the office.
- A designated staff member will collect car tags and will retrieve students from the gym. These students will be released once all the walk up children have been located.
- Be mindful, when there are large numbers of parent walk ups, this process will be lengthy as each student has to be located and given their car tag.
- We encourage parents to join our car line whenever possible, or you can also walk up to collect your child until 2:30pm. You do not have to be at the door right at dismissal. This will help stagger names and streamline the process.
Car Rider LineThere are 2 car lanes in the afternoons, but all cars must enter from Saundersville Road coming from the Nonaville Road side. Once you enter, the line will form into the two lanes. The lane on the left will turn left out of the parking lot going toward Nonaville Road, and the lane on the right will exit right toward the fire station/Lighthouse church.
Use of Cell Phone in School ZoneBeginning January 1, 2018, a new TN law went into effect which prohibits the use of hand-held cell phones anywhere in an active school zone whether on the street or on campus, while driving. The law also prohibits any use of a cell phone device by someone under the age of 18 while driving. Also note: Texting is already illegal under TCA 55-8-199. Using a hand-held cell phone is a class C misdemeanor punishable with a $50.00 fine.Also, as a reminder, school zone speed limits are still in effect when exiting the school until you are completely out of the zone at the flashing lights. In addition, TCA 49-6-4218 states that the speed limit while on campus is 10 mph.
- All cars must have an official Lakeview car tag before a student will be placed in the vehicle. Each child being picked up must have their name on a car tag (multiple names can be on one tag).
- If you need an additional tag for grandparents or other friends and family members that may be picking students up throughout the year, or if you misplace yours, please notify your child’s teacher or the main office to receive an additional one.
- Cars without car tags in the car line must pull forward or park when the car lane moves, and report to the office to verify permission. Students may not be picked up from gym until responsible party returns with a note from office and/or a new car tag.
- Staff members will call names as cars move forward. Ensure that your tag is readily available to expedite this process.
- On whistle signal, all students will load cars.
- Parents must remain in their cars for the safety of the students until the whistle sounds.
- Upon the sound of the whistle, if your child needs assistance, you may then exit the vehicle to assist with seat belts, booster seats, etc. Our staff will be of assistance during this time as well.