NEW STUDENTS TO WILSON COUNTY 2019-2020
New Student Pre-Enrollment Introduction 2019-2020
Welcome to Wilson County Schools!
We are pleased to offer Online Enrollment for parents/guardians to enroll K-12 students new to our district (this is not for current students transferring to another Wilson County School or for Pre-K applications). You will find this to be an easy process that you can complete at your convenience from home. All you need is an active email address.
If you need assistance determining which school your student is zoned to attend, use the Bus Route Look-Up tool. The actual routes for the 2019-20 school year will be available beginning July 8th. This feature will continuously update through start of school, so please check back often and on July 31st as routes will update daily, and bus stop times could be revised as enrollment changes for schools.
- If you have a current student that will be changing schools due to the normal grade progression promotion, your student will automatically move to the zoned school and be considered a returning student. Online Registration must be completed for the school your student will be enrolled for the 2019-20 school year. All returning and pre-enrolled students will need to update information and complete forms for the 19-20 School Year through Skyward Family Access during Returning and Pre-Enrolled Student Online Registration beginning July 8th.
- If your child was previously enrolled (currently withdrawn) from a Wilson County School and will be returning to the district, please don’t complete the online application process. You should already have a Family Access account; therefore, you need to contact your zoned school for instructions.
For information on applying to the Pre-K Program, click the following link: Pre-K Enrollment & Registration
Instructions for Completing Online Enrollment:
New to the District Kindergarten – 12th Grade Parents/Guardians Enrolling for the 2019-20 School Year
Please DO NOT re-enroll current students for the 2019-20 school year. Beginning July 8th, you will need to Register Your Returning Student(s) for the new school year online through Skyward Family Access. Visit Returning Student Registration for instructions on July 8th.
If you Currently have a Student Enrolled in One of Our Schools and Need to Enroll a New Student:
- Log into your Family Access Account then select New Student Online Enrollment
- Complete the Application and click to submit (for detailed instructions refer to the instructions below for the Application Process beginning with #3).
- Then click this “School Directory” link to access your zoned school’s website. On the school site, you will see New Student Information and Appointments. Sign up for an appointment time or follow the instructions provided by the school, on when to come in to complete enrollment.
- Required Documents: Upload during the process, or bring required documents to your Appointment Date. Required Document options are found on the Enrollment & Registration overview page.
If you are New to the Wilson County School System
- Step 1: Requesting an Account
- Visit Skyward Account Request to access New Student Enrollment to request an account.
- Complete the required fields then click on “Click Here to Submit Online Enrollment Account Request.” An email will then generate to the email address provided with a login and password along with a link for the parent/guardian to access the application portal.
- Step 2: The Enrollment Application Form
- Use the link provided in the email you received to access the portal.
- Instructions on completing the online application form are displayed below.
- Step 3: Choosing an Appointment Time
- Once your application has been submitted click on the above “School Directory” link to access all Wilson County Schools for easy access to your zoned school's website.
- On the school site you will see New Student Information and Appointments
- Sign up for an appointment time or follow the instructions provided by the school on when to come in to complete enrollment.
- Step 4: Scan or bring the required documents to your zoned school on your Appointment Date
- Required Documents are found on the Enrollment and Registration
All New Students to Wilson County Schools: Instructions for Completing the Online Application Form
For Parents/Guardian: The Enrollment Application Form
- The link provided in the email takes you to the application portal for you to enter the login and password provided.
- There is an option on the top right hand corner to select a language.
- There are 11 steps to the application with instructions for each area.
- Note that anywhere you see an (*) asterisk, this is a required field.
- As you complete each step, you will have the option to complete and move to the next step or to complete that step only. Choose to complete that step only if you plan to save and continue later.
- Step 5 provides you the opportunity to upload required documents, or you may bring a copy to the school at your appointment time, or as instructed by the school. You must click to Complete Step 5 for either option.
- Once you Complete Step 11 you will see a review of all steps. All steps must show a Date Completed to the Right. Each step can be viewed or edited at this time, and the application is printable.
- The last step is for the parent/guardian to click to “Submit Application to the District”. Once you’ve submitted the application, it can be viewed but not edited.
- Once you submit the application, the system will take you to the summary page. If there is a sibling to enroll, click the button “Click to Enroll Additional Students”.
- If the system does not allow you to click to submit, please review each step to ensure each step has been submitted even if you haven’t added data to that page.
- If you have any questions please contact your zoned school, or submit a question through Let’s Talk.