THIS YEAR, EVERY STUDENT WILL BE ISSUED A CHROMEBOOK AND A CHARGER.
STUDENTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THIS CHROMEBOOK CHARGED AND WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES. CHROMEBOOKS WILL GO HOME WITH STUDENTS EACH DAY.
EXTRA CHROMEBOOKS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS TO USE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ABIDE BY THE AUP (ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY) BEFORE USING CHROMEBOOKS OR SCHOOL DEVICES.
IF A STUDENT LOSES OR DAMAGES HIS/HER CHROMEBOOK OR CHARGER (OUTSIDE OF NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR), THEY MAY BE EXPECTED TO PAY FOR REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENT PARTS/DEVICES.
At the beginning of the school year, a Chromebook will be checked out to every student. This device will stay at school in an assigned teacher's classroom and is not to be taken home. Students are responsible for taking care of their assigned Chromebook while it is in their possession throughout the day. Parents will be expected to pay for any damage or loss of their child's Chromebook.
The library has a few computers and Chromebooks available for student use. Students must abide by the school's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) when using Chromebooks or library computers.
Students are allowed to use library printers to print school-related materials or assignments. Students will be charged 5 cents per printed page.
LOG IN INFORMATION
TO LOG ON TO A SCHOOL COMPUTER OR CHROMEBOOK
- First 5 letters of last name
- First 3 letters of the first name followed by 000 (if 000 doesn't work, try 001, up to 015)
- Example = smithjoh000
- First 3 letter of last name + student lunch code (5 digit number)
- The first letter of password MUST be capitalized
- Example = Smi12345
- Use the same user name and password to log into Google accounts. However, when logging into Google, the username will be followed by @wilsonk12tn.us.