Series 100: Learning Resources & Tutorials
The resources contained on this page are useful for parents when students are on any of the learning plans (traditional, hybrid, remote, or virtual) throughout the 2020-2021 school year. Resources will be added as needed, so please check back regularly.
VIRTUAL LEARNING PROGRAM
Visit the Virtual Learning Program for more information about the VLP program.
ONLINE AND OFFLINE ACCESS INFORMATION
Visit Online and Offline Access Information for instructions on accessing digital resources when not connected to the Internet.
Testing Zoom Audio Before Your Zoom Meeting
The following provides an overview of how to test audio in Zoom. Zoom updates its software on a regular basis. To make sure you have the most current version, check for updates.
- Always run an audio test before starting or joining a meeting.
- During the test, if you cannot hear any audio:
- Make sure your computer speakers are on and not muted
- If your speakers appear to be on and the volume is up, but you do not hear the audio, check Zoom's audio settings and select a different speaker.
- During the test, if you cannot hear the audio your microphone recorded:
- Make sure you have the right microphone selected. To select a different microphone, click the upward arrow to the right of the Mute button. Choose another microphone and test the audio again.
- If you do not see a microphone listed or your microphone is still not coming through clear, Switch to the Phone Audio.
- During the test, if your audio sounds muffled or distorted choose Switch to Phone Audio. Follow the instructions in the pop-up window.
TIP: You can also switch to phone if your audio goes out during an active Zoom Meeting.
Troubleshooting Tips for Audio in Zoom
Do you sound quiet?
Check the Zoom Audio Overview for information on adjusting your sounds settings.
Do you sound like a robot?
Please check to make sure you are sitting near your router, with strong internet signal.
Do you have a headset?
Using a headset is always a good option to cut down on background noise when you listen and to help you sound more clearn when you speak.
Most Important Tip: Do you have strong internet in the room you are using for your Zoom meeting? Go to Google and search "speed test" Click to determine the quality of your internet speed.
Schoology is a learning management program that provides a way to organize and deliver content to students. Teachers and students can collaborate and interact with online learning tools for a manageable experience for all as we navigate the world of digital learning to provide the best learning opportunities, in and out of the classroom.
Schoology helps students stay organized and it keeps the class connected by viewing and interacting with the following features:
School and class announcements
Visit Schoology Student Resources for information and tutorials on logging into and navigating Schoology.
SmartyAnts: (Grades K-2)
Smarty Ants is designed to build reading skills and accelerate learning in an engaging, interactive online learning environment. Students learn through fun, animated, game-like activities. They even have their own personal ant “coach” to guide and instruct them while providing kind and motivating feedback along the way.
Accessed through ClassLink.
Achieve 3000: (Grades 3-12)
Achieve3000 is a research-based non-fiction reading program that gives each student informational articles at their own unique reading level. The program adapts as the student demonstrates comprehension, slowly increasing the complexity of the text to grow his/her reading Lexile level.
Accessed through ClassLink.
ALEKS: (Grades 3-12)
ALEKS (Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces) is a research-based, web-based, artificially intelligent assessment and learning online math program for grades 3-12.
Discovery Education provides students access standards-based digital curriculum resources for K–12 classrooms.
Accessed through ClassLink.
GoGuardian Parent App Overview
Student Device Guide
Click Image to Enlarge
Logging Into Your Device:
- Students will log into their Chromebook with their ClassLink username and password.
- For offline access, you need to log in by clicking "sign in with a different account."
- Treat the device as your own. You are responsible for the care of your device.
- Do not eat or drink around your device.
- Do not expose your device to moisture.
- Clean with a microfiber cloth.
Connect to Network at Home
- Click on the bottom right.
- Click on the WiFi icon
- Choose your network and type in your password.
Transporting Your Chromebook
- Carry your Chromebook with both hands.
- Transport the Chromebook in a personal backpack between classes and from school to home.
- Bring your Chromebook to school charged each day.
- ClassLink is a one-stop portal for your Instructional Technology Programs.
- Watch How to Access ClassLink and Google.
- Let your teacher know if you are having issues with your Chomebook.
- Submit a ticket to the Student/Parent Technology Help Desk located under the Technology Support section on the KIDS website.
- Call the Wilson County Technology HelpDesk Line for students and parents at 615-547-7314 between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
For a printable version, visit Student Device Guide.
Internet Safety (Grades PreK-12)
Common Sense Media offers way to help maximize the Internet's benefits -- while minimizing the risks -- using the latest research, tips, and tools on what really keeps kids safe.
Homework Hotline (Grades K-12)
Need FREE homework help?
WORK with K-12 certified teachers for FREE
CHAT at Homework Hotline TN
OPEN Monday - Thursday, 4 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
(If schools revise schedules, times may change).
Remote Learning Guides
The Remote Learning Guides provide a streamlined curriculum for teachers if the district goes to a fully remote learning schedule during the 2020-21 school year. They will be accessible on the district website as needed. Teachers will post assignments from the guides in Thrivist for students and parents to access and will provide an overview of the learning that is taking place that week.