- Offers 2 years of tuition free community or technical college to high school graduates beginning with the Class of 2015.
- No GPA, ACT or income requirements
- Complete 8 hours of community service
- Students must apply online at tnpromise.gov by November 1.
- Attend mandatory meetings at local high school
- Complete FAFSA by February 1
- Apply for community college or Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) by spring.
- Once in the program, students must maintain a 2.0, complete 8 hours of community service before the start of each term enrolled and file the FAFSA by February 1 each year.
Tennessee Hope Scholarship (Lottery):
- Award Amount: Up to $6000/yr for 4 year institutions; Up to $3000/yr for 2 year inst.
- Students must have a minimum of a 21 ACT OR overall GPA of 3.0
- No income requirements
- Students must enroll within 16 months of high school graduation at an eligible institution.
- Complete FAFSA in order to apply for HOPE
- Recognition Program that involves community business leaders to help motivate all students to complete a rigorous course of study that will prepare them for college and their careers.
- Medallion worn at graduation
- Wilson County Tennessee Scholar Graduation held at Cumberland University
- Gold seal on diploma
- Permanent stamp on diploma
- Preferential hiring for TN Scholars
- Local, state & national recognition
- TN Scholars requirements are on the web at tennesseescholars.org
- Note: 80 hours community service, NO out-of-school suspensions and 95% attendance is required
- TN Scholars Checklist