- Offers 2 years of tuition free community or technical college to high school graduates beginning with the Class of 2015.
- No GPA, ACT or income requirements
- Complete 8 hours of community service
- Students must apply online at tnpromise.gov by November 1.
- Attend mandatory meetings at local high school
- Complete FAFSA by March 1 (verify the date on the tnpromise website, because it has changed each year, the past 2 years)
- Apply for community college or Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) by spring.
- Once in the program, students must maintain a 2.0, complete 8 hours of community service before the start of each term enrolled and file the FAFSA by February 1 each year.
Tennessee Hope Scholarship (Lottery):
- Award Amount: $2,250 per semester (freshman/sophomore) and $2,850 per semester (junior and senior) for 4 year institutions; $1,600 each semester for 2 year inst.
- Students must have a minimum of a 21 ACT OR overall GPA of 3.0 unweighted.
- No income requirements
- Students must enroll within 16 months of high school graduation at an eligible institution.
- Must complete FAFSA in order to be considered for the HOPE Scholarship
- Hope Scholarship Website on TN.Gov
- Renewal Criteria after initial Freshman year can be viewed Hope Scholarship Information
- The student must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA at the end of the semester in which the student attempted 24 and 48 semester hours
- Check the Hope Scholarship website for complete Renewal Criteria: Hope Scholarship Information
- Recognition Program that involves community business leaders helping motivate all students to complete a rigorous course of study that will prepare them for college and their careers.
- 60 hours of community service. Community service is a service provided to the community for which you do not receive payment or compensation.
- Medallion worn at graduation
- Gold seal on diploma
- Local, state & national recognition
- Note: 60 hours community service, NO out-of-school suspensions and 95% attendance is required
- Forms to help you keep up with community service hours can be printed using the form below or picked up at the Counseling Center.
- Completed forms should be turned in to the Counseling Center and we will keep track of your hours in Skyward.