Here are some names of private therapists and mental health centers in our area. Mt. Juliet Middle School and Wilson County Schools do not endorse or refer to any specific provider. This list is simply for informational purposes only. Every effort has been made to ensure that the contact information provided here is up-to-date, however all information is subject to change.
If you (or someone you know) is having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
American Behavioral Consultants (ABC)
- Offers Psychiatric Evaluations, Psychological Testing, Medication Management, Counseling (individual and group) for issues related to Depression, Eating Disorders, PTSD and Substance Abuse Recovery.
- ABC accepts most major insurance including TennCare, Amerigroup, United Healthcare and Medicare. It has a sliding scale fee.
- Located at 1432 W. Main Street, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)444-7411
Terri Allen Atwood Counseling
- Specializes in Relationship issues; Anxiety; Depression.
- Offers counseling for individuals and couples.
- Atwood Counseling accepts private pay.
- Located at 1777 Tate Lane, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)866-1426
Mary Anne Byrnes, BSW, LMFT
- Specialties include Relationship Issues; Parenting; Family Conflict Issues. Serves Preteens (11 to 13); Adolescents (14 to 19); Adults.
- Byrnes Counseling accepts Magellan Behavioral Health Insurance and Cash/ Check. A sliding scale fee is also offered.
- Located at 3735 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Suite 100, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)823-7699.
Buchanan Counseling and Consulting
- Specialties include Addiction; Alcohol Abuse; and Substance Abuse.
- Buchanan Counseling offers counseling for Adolescents (14 to 19) and Adults.
- Offers a sliding scale fee and accepts private pay.
- Located at Cumberland University, Labry Hall, Room 115, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)293-4967.
Cambiare Counseling Centre
- Offers individual, couple, family and group counseling.
- Located at 3735 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)317-0642
Camelot Care Center of Mid-North TN
- Camelot Care Center offers community-based family counseling and prevention services. They specialize in foster care, home-based intensive counseling, outpatient therapy, case management, substance abuse, and family preservation services.
- Camelot Care Center accepts TennCare.
- Located at 1633 W. Main St., Suite 901, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)547-4994
Centerstone – Gallatin
- Centerstone in Gallatin, TN provides services for children, adolescents, adults, seniors, and their families who suffer from a myriad of behavioral health challenges.
- Centerstone accepts most major insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Located at 332 Sumner Hall Drive, Gallatin, TN 37066; (615)460-4500
Centerstone Venture Circle/Nashville
- Has a Child and Adolescent Outpatient Office; Child and Youth Residential Treatment Services; Crisis Call Center; Lifeline Crisis.
- Centerstone Venture Circle accepts most major insurance including Medicare and Medicaid. Payment assistance is available through the “Client Assistance Fund” if needed.
- Located at 230 Venture Circle, Nashville, TN 37228
- Information and Appointments: 1(888)291-HELP (4357)Child and Adolescent Outpatient: (615)460-4200
- Child and Youth Residential Treatment Services: (615)460-4260
- Middle Tennessee Crisis Call Center: 1(800)681-7444; 24/7/365; completely confidential.
Centerstone has partnered with The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline to offer a confidential, secure, and anonymous way of reaching out for help when you don’t know where else to turn.
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: 1(800)273-TALK (8255); 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Another option can be found online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org (1 p.m. to 1 a.m.)
Counseling Associates of Mt. Juliet
- Counseling Associates of Mt. Juliet provides community-based family counseling for children, adolescents, and families. Various counselors specialize in issues such as substance abuse, anxiety disorders, and child sexual abuse, to name a few.
- Accepts most major insurance, straight fee for service, no sliding fee scales, and does not accept TennCare.
- Located at 547 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Suite 100, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)754-5853
Cumberland Mental Health Center of Lebanon
- Cumberland offers an Addiction Recovery Program; Case Management (adult and child); Outpatient Therapy (individual, family and group); School Based Therapy; and Psychological Evaluations.
- Cumberland Mental Health accepts TennCare Insurance.
- Located at 1404 Winter Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)444-4300
Cumberland Mental Health Center of Gallatin
- Addiction Recovery Program
- DUI Treatment
- Case Management, Adult and Child; Individual, Family, and Group Therapy
- Jail Re-entry Program
- Mobile Crisis Response
- Psychiatric Medication Management
- Probation Offender TX
- Specialty Contracts for VA and Military Evaluations
- Serves all patients regardless of inability to pay
- Has Sliding scale fee
- Located at 510 E. Main Street, Gallatin, TN 37066; (615)452-1354
Family and Children’s Service (United Way Funded) (FCS)
- FCS provides counseling services for children, adolescents, and adults, as well as couples/marriage counseling. FCS also offers a Crisis Line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and a Survivors of Suicide Loss (SOSL) Support Service.
- FCS is located at 201 23rd Ave. N, Nashville, TN 37203;
- Crisis Line: (615)244-7444
- Information and Appointments: (615)320-0591; Intake Counselor, Juanita Watts: (615)340-9742; Does not accept private insurance, but offers sliding scale fees.
Dr. Brooke Foxworthy
- Foxworthy specializes in Anxiety; Self-Esteem Issues; Trauma and PTSD, and serves Adolescents (14 to 19), and Adults.
- Foxworthy accepts private pay only.
- Located at 3735 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)219-1098
Goodner Counseling (Mary Goodner, LCSW)
- Goodner Counseling offers family, couples and adult counseling.
- Located at 500 Park Ave., Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)449-0500
Harp Professional Counseling and Consulting
- Harp Professional Counseling specializes in Trauma and PTSD; Women’s Issues; Domestic Violence; Mood Disorders.
- Accepts private pay and offers a sliding scale fee.
- Located in Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)549-0635
Hendrick Counseling Services
- Hendrick Counseling Services provides a variety of services to children, adolescents and adults.
- Services are provided for Depression; Anxiety; Anger; Grief/ Loss; Mood Disorders; Abuse Recovery; and Behavioral Management.
- Hendrick Counseling Service accepts private insurance.
- Located at 440 Park Ave, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)449-9611
Trent Hughes Counseling
- Trent Hughes Counseling specializes in Anxiety; Addiction; and Trauma/PTSD. THC serves adolescents and adults.
- Accepted payment is private pay and they offer a sliding scale fee.
- Located at 3735 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)745-3987
Jewish Family Service of Nashville and Middle Tennessee, Inc. (JFS)
- JFS provides professional social services from Jewish perspectives which respond to and support individuals and families through life’s transitions.
- Located at 801 Percy Warner Boulevard, Suite 103, Nashville, TN 37205; (615)356-4234
Dr. Tracia Jungkurth
- Jungkurth serves adults and specializes in Addiction; Mood Disorders; and Grief.
- Accepts most major insurance, private pay, and has a sliding scale fee.
- Located at 313B W. Division St., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)219-0778.
Lantern Lane Farm (Faith-Based) LLF
- The counselors at LLF specialize in Relationship Issues; Family Conflict; and Parenting. In addition to their regular professional counseling staff, LLF employs four interns who are supervised by the Director, offering counseling at a much lower rate than usual ($25 an hour).
- They provide a wide variety of counseling services for children, adolescents and families, offering both individual and group counseling.
- Accepts private pay and offers a sliding scale fee.
- Located at 6201 Corinth Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)973-5454.
LifeCare Family Services- Lebanon Office
- LifeCare offers Individual and/or Family Therapy; Child and Adult Psychiatric Care and Counseling; Mental Health Case Management; and In Home Child and Family Services. LifeCare specializes in Pre-Marital and ongoing Marital Issues; Divorce; Grief/Loss;
- Depression; Anxiety; Alcohol and Drug Issues; Trauma; Behavioral Problems; Parenting, and other matters requiring an ongoing recovery program.
- Lifecare accepts TennCare, most major insurance plans, personal out-of-pocket, and sliding scale rates (based on personal income and family size).
- Located at 417 Harding Drive, Suite D, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)453-1606
Life Lessons Therapy (LLT); (Lori Drake Bunch, LPC)
- LLT offers child, adolescent, adult, individual, group, and family therapy, and specializes in issues such as Anxiety; Depression; ADHD; Asperger’s Disorder; Autism; Divorce; Grief/Loss; and Behavior issues.
- Accepts private pay, and accepts most major insurance.
- Located at 102 Hazel Path, Suite 5, Hendersonville, TN 37075; (615)824-7822
Mental Health Cooperative (MHC); (Gallatin Office serves Wilson County)
- Serves children, adolescents and adults; Offers a Crisis Line and a Mobile Crisis Team for Children.
- Adult Services: (615)743-1555
- Crisis Line: (615)726-0125
- Mobile Crisis Team for Children: (615)726-0125
- All TennCare Plans accepted! MHC will work with families who do not have insurance.
- Located at 1078 S. Water Ave., Gallatin, TN 37066; (615)230-9663
Neighborhood Health (NH)
- NH provides health care for all ages; Family Planning; Prenatal Services; Insurance Application Assistance; and Mental Health Counseling.
- Dental services provided at East Side Clinic and Napier Place Clinic in Nashville, TN. Charges are based on a sliding scale. NH accepts TennCare, Medicare, and other private insurance.
NH locations are as follows:
217 East High Street, Suite 200, Lebanon, TN 37087
100 Damascus Street, Hartsville, TN 37074;
East Side Clinic; 905 Main Street, Nashville, TN 37206
Napier Place Clinic; 107 Charles E. Davis Blvd., Nashville, TN 37206
601 W. Due West Ave., Madison, TN 37115
Information and appointments call: (615)227-3000
Alonzo Parker Counseling
- Alonzo Parker Counseling specializes in cancer and heart disease transitions; Relationship Issues; and Coping Skills. Alonzo Parker serves Adults, and accepts private pay.
- Located at 706 Cadet Court, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)745-1191.
Christopher J. Quarto, Ph.D., PLLC
- Specializes in psychological testing for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD), anxiety/depression, learning disabilities, etc., which include practical “game plans” to help students.
- Christopher J. Quarto, Ph.D., PLLC accepts private pay and some private insurance as an out-of-network provider.
- Located at 509 Crossway Ave., Murfreesboro, TN 37128. 615-403-5227 (chrisquarto.com)
- Sponsored by First United Methodist Church (FUMC), Lebanon, TN;
- In a group setting, Rainbows fosters emotional healing among children and teens who have experienced a significant loss, such as the death of a loved one, separation or divorce of their parents, and/or a myriad of other life-altering changes.
- The group meets one night per week for approximately 12 weeks. It is free and is open to the community.
- Located at 415 West Main Street, Lebanon, TN 37087
- Contact: Cori Brantley; (615)444-3315
Righteous Oaks Counseling (ROC)
- Righteous Oaks is a faith-based and solution focused therapy. ROC specializes in Anxiety; Relationship Issues; and Grief. ROC offers counseling to Adolescents (14 to 19), and Adults.
- Righteous Oaks accepts most insurance plans, private pay, and has a sliding scale fee.
- Located at 3735 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)601-2352
Sarah Scott, LPC-MHSPSarah
- Scott works with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, providing services that span from therapy for depression, anxiety, grief counseling, parenting support, and couples counseling.
- Sarah Scott accepts most private insurance plans, as well as private pay.
Located at 3735 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)758-4158
Sharper Solutions; Susan Harper, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Susan Harper serves adolescents and adults and specializes in Substance Abuse; Codependency; and Coping Skills.
- Payment information not specified;
- Located at 2636 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)603-3696
Elizabeth Smith, Clinical Social Work/Therapist
Elizabeth Smith Counseling specializes in a variety of mental health issues; Serves Preteens (11 to 13); Adolescents (14 to 19); Adults.
Accepts most major insurance; accepts private pay.
Located at 2504 Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)610-1274
Harriet Stewart, Clinical Social Work/Therapist
- Harriet Stewart Counseling specializes in Depression; Grief/Loss; Trauma and PTSD. Client focus is Preteens (11 to 13); Adolescents; Adults.
- Accepts Blue Cross and Blue Shield and most other major insurance; accepts private pay.
- Located in Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)823-2622
Brandon Teeftaller, Psychiatric Nurse/ Family Nurse Practitioner
- Brandon Teeftaller specializes in treating a wide variety of mental illnesses in adolescents and adults. Specialties include Bipolar Disorder; Medication Management; Substance Abuse; and ADHD.
- Brandon Teeftaller accepts most major insurance, as well as private pay.
- Located in Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)745-1107
Tennessee Christian Medical Center (TCMC)
- Inpatient and/or outpatient drug rehab, with a primary focus on mental health services. TCMC also offers partial Hospitalization Drug Rehab, and Substance Abuse Day Treatment.
- TCMC accepts Medicaid, Medicare, Private Health Insurance and Military Insurance.
Located at 500 Hospital Dr., Madison, TN 37115; (615)865-2373
The Art of Healing, P.C.; Deb Cohen, Professional Counselor/ Family Psychiatric Nurse
- Deb Cohen specializes in Trauma and PTSD; Medication Management; and Mood Disorders. The Art of Healing serves Preteens (11 to 13); Adolescents (14 to 19); and Adults.
- Deb Cohen accepts most major insurance plans, private pay, and offers a sliding scale fee.
- The Art of Healing is located at 2504 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122; (615)866-5269 or (615)229-6384.
Vanderbilt Behavioral Health (VBH)
- Offers individualized patient care through a wide array of connected services that provide each patient with the right psychiatric treatments for his or her needs. Child, adolescent and adult services are offered, as well as a 24/7 Crisis Assessment and Admissions
- Program, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
VBH is located at 1601 23rd Ave. South, Nashville, TN 37212; (615)327-7000 or (800)365-2270.
Vertrees Clinical Group, PLLC
- Vertrees Clinical Group provides Individual; Child/Family; Couple/Marital; and Group Counseling. They accept some insurance plans (though not specified).
- Located at 125 South College Street, Lebanon, TN 37087; (615)784-4056