New Student Pre-Enrollment Overview
Welcome to Wilson County Schools!
We are pleased to offer Online Pre-Enrollment for parents/guardians to enroll PK-12 students new to our district (this is not for current students transferring to another Wilson County School). You should find this to be an easy process that you can complete at your convenience from anywhere. All you need is an active email address and access to the internet.
If you need assistance determining which school your student is zoned to attend for the 2022-2023 school year, please click on Let’s Talk and submit a request to transportation.
- If you have a current student that will be changing schools due to the normal grade progression promotion, your student will automatically move to the zoned school and considered a returning student. Returning Student Registration will need to be completed for this student beginning July 8, 2022.
- Online Pre-Enrollment must be completed for the school your student will be enrolled for the 2022-2023 school year. Pre-Enrolled student families are completing a portion of the process during pre-enrollment and must continue the enrollment process and update information, and complete additional required forms for the 2022-2023 School Year through Skyward Family Access beginning July 8, 2022. Student schedules will be available in Family Access when released from your school, but will not be accessible if enrollment is not complete. If you need assistance with your login to Family Access, please contact your zoned school.
- If your child was previously enrolled (currently withdrawn) in a Wilson County School and will be returning to the district, please don’t complete the online application process. You should already have a Family Access account therefore; you need to contact your zoned school for instructions.
For information on applying to the Pre-K Program, click the following link: Pre-K Enrollment & Registration. If you have already visited the Pre-K Enrollment & Registration page to read the enrollment information there, please see the "Instructions for Completing Online Pre-Enrollment" below.
Instructions for Completing Online Pre-Enrollment
New to the District Pre-K and Kindergarten – 12th Grade Parents/Guardians Pre-Enrolling for the 2022-2023 School Year.
PreK - Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment - Available Online beginning February 22nd, 2022
Parents will need to schedule an appointment at their school of zone for a time to bring in documents between April 1st - 14th if they can not upload all documents through NSOE.
Please DO NOT re-enroll current students for the 2022-23 school year. Beginning July 8, 2022, you will need to Register Your Returning Student(s) for the new school year online through Skyward Family Access.
Families that pre-enroll prior to July 8, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year will need to log into Skyward Family Access beginning July 8, 2022 to the complete the enrollment process.
If you Currently have a Student Enrolled in One of Our Schools and Need to Enroll a New Student for the 2022-2023 School Year:
- Log into your Family Access Account then select New Student Online Enrollment
- Complete the Application and click to submit (for detailed instructions refer to the instructions below for the Application Process beginning with #2).
- Then click this “School Directory” link to access your zoned school’s website. On the school site, you will see New Student Information. Then, follow the instructions provided by the school.
- Required Documents: Upload during the process, or bring required documents to your Appointment Date. Required document options are located on the Enrollment & Registration overview page.
If you are New to the Wilson County School System
Step 1: Request an Account
- Visit Request an Account to create an account for a New Student.
- Complete the required fields then click on “Click Here to Submit Online Enrollment Account Request.” An email will then generate to the email address provided with a login and password along with a link for the parent/guardian to access the application portal.
Step 2: Enrollment Application
- Use the link provided in the email you received to access the portal.
Step 3: Submit Documents
- Upload documents within the application process or submit by email to the School Registrar. For other options, reach out to the School Registrar by phone or by email.
- Required Documents list is located under Entrance Requirements on the Enrollment and Registration overview page.
Step 4: School Instructions
- Once your application has been submitted click on the this School Directory link to access all Wilson County Schools for easy access to your zoned school's website.
- On the school website, you will see New Student Information.
Follow the instructions provided by the school. You can also email or call the School Registrar.
All New Students to Wilson County Schools: Instructions for Completing the Online Application Form
For Parents/Guardian: The Enrollment Application Form
- The link provided in the email takes you to the application portal for you to enter the login and password provided. (For Skyward language translation, open link in a browser or other app with a built-in translator).
- There are 6 steps to the application with instructions for each area.
- Note that anywhere you see an (*) asterisk, this is a required field.
- As you complete each step, you will have the option to complete and move to the next step or to complete that step only. Choose to complete that step only if you plan to save and continue later.
- Once you complete step 6 you will see a review of all steps. All steps must show a Date Completed to the right. Each step can be viewed or edited at this time, and the application is printable.
- The last step is for the parent/guardian to click to “Submit Application to the District”. Once you’ve submitted the application, it can be viewed but not edited.
- Once you submit the application, the system will take you to the summary page. If there is a sibling to enroll, click the button “Click to Enroll Additional Students”.
- If the system does not allow you to click to submit, that means it is seeing a step incomplete. Please review each step to ensure each step has been submitted, even if you haven’t added data to that page.
If you have any questions please contact your zoned school, or submit a question through Let’s Talk.