Juniors registering for their Senior year, applications for next year’s Criminal Justice Job Shadow course are available in Guidance and in Mr. Lakeman’s room, C302.
Congratulations to the Cross Country Team for earning the TSSAA Distinguished Scholastic Achievement Award for both the Boys and Girls Teams. The boys had a collective GPA of 3.37 and the girls had a collective GPA of 3.89. The team had 28 students receive Individual Awards of Merit for maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher during the season. Way to put the “Student” in Student Athlete.
February 5th Scholarship Newsletter
PHOEBE Connections Scholarship Application for 2024-2025. The application deadline is April 12. Thank you in advance for sharing it with eligible seniors.
Copies are also available in the Counseling Center.
Please direct any questions regarding the scholarship to Ronda Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations Class of 2024 Superlative Winners
BEST OF FRIENDS
CARLEIGH BLACKBURN AND RAEANNE JENKINS
Most Likely to SUCCEED
BEST ALL AROUND
DAR Citizenship Award
WILSON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE CITIZENSHIP AWARD
DREW EAST and KRITI MISTRY
LHS is hosting a FAFSA Frenzy on March 5th from 4-7:30 with the help of TSAC- This event is for current seniors, class of 2024, and their parents.
This Friday the girls basketball team is doing a Pink Out. Wear your PINK Friday and to the game Friday night!
Our annual Lebanon Softball chili supper and silent auction will be held this Saturday from 4-8 in the LHS cafeteria. If you would like to purchase a ticket or would like to purchase a $1 donation ticket for a chance to win 4 new tire from Bridgestone please let me know. We will have over 100 auction items to bid from including:
LHS All Sports Passes
Over 80 Gift Baskets
And so much more…
Tickets can be purchased at the door as well. I hope to see everyone at this great community event.
Announcements for the Class of 2024
Students and parents received an email today from Dr. Walters!
The Class of 2024 Graduation Ceremony is set for
Saturday May 11, 2024 at 10:00 a.m at the MTSU Murphy Center in Murfreesboro, TN
As of this moment, 2024-25 FAFSA resources have been posted to CFTN!!!
The following resources for counselors, parents, and students can be found at FASFA Resources for Parents...
- How to Create a FSA ID PDF (English)
- How to Create a FSA ID PDF (Spanish)
- How to Create a FSA ID video (~3:00 minutes)
- Six videos previewing the 2024-25 FAFSA (~2:30 minutes each)
- Overview of 2024-25 FAFSA Changes PDF
- FAFSA Under Construction Poster
New Scholarship Opportunity for Class of 2024 Seniors
We're excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our annual Students of Integrity Scholarship program.
This year we have 15 $1,000 scholarships to give out to eligible high school seniors graduating in Spring of 2024. We have 10 college/university scholarships and 5 trade school scholarships available thanks to our sponsors Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN and Asurion!
*Counties located in Kentucky.
This scholarship program recognizes high school seniors who embody ethical behavior and decision making in their leadership roles at high school and throughout their community. The application is NOW OPEN! The deadline for students to submit their application is December 13, 2023.
Here is the link to the online application: 2023 Students of Integrity Application
We would love for you to share this exciting scholarship opportunity with your seniors. More information can be found on our website at www.BBBIntegrityFoundation.org/soi
Class of 2024 Students
Important information and scholarship deadlines for students that have applied to or are interested in The University of Tennessee at Martin:
- Scholarship Awards: We have started awarding merit scholarships, and all of your students with a 3.0 GPA and 19 ACT (or SAT equivalent) will be receiving a merit scholarship. We are excited to announce that we have increased our Chancellor’s Scholarship ($3,000 to $4,000) and Dean’s Scholarship ($2,000 to $3,000) beginning for Fall 2024 students. We will be awarding merit scholarships and will continue to upgrade scholarships through at least May 1. For a list of scholarship requirements and updated amounts, visit www.utm.edu/scholarships.
- Housing: Students can now apply for housing at www.utm.edu/housing. Students who apply for Housing prior to March 31 will get to select their own room beginning in Mid-April in order of their application date. There is a $50 Housing Deposit due with the application that is refundable until July 1. We had a housing waitlist last summer for fall 2023, so please encourage your students to apply early for Housing if we are in their top 2-3 institutions at this point. Thankfully, we were able to accommodate everyone who wanted to live on campus with housing for fall 23, but it did take longer for some students to get placed than it usually does. Applying early means students will get to select their housing first!
- Preview Day: Our last Fall Preview Day is set for Saturday, November 11. Students can sign up online: www.utm.edu/preview
- Campus Tours: We offer in-person campus tours Monday through Friday at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and are open for group tours. Students can sign up online: www.utm.edu/tour. If you would like to bring a group, please let me know and I will connect you with Barrett Belote, Campus Visit Counselor.
- UT Promise: The UT Promise application deadline is December 15th! Students are eligible for the last-dollar scholarship for tuition and mandatory fees if they qualify for the TN Hope Lottery Scholarship and have an adjusted gross income of $75,000 for less. Students can find more information about the UT Promise requirements and application online.
- Scholarship Aviator: The Scholarship Aviator opened October 1 and has a deadline of February 1 for students to apply for departmental and donor-funded scholarships stackable with merit awards. More information is available at www.utm.edu/scholarships.
- Residence Halls renaming: Two UT Martin residence halls are being named in honor of two people who were pioneers in breaking the color barrier at the University in the 1960s. University Village 1 will be named Arnold Pryor Place in honor of Jessie Lou Arnold Pryor, and University Village 2 will be named Conner Community in honor of Harold Conner, Sr.
Scholarship Opportunity for a LHS Student that will be attending TN Tech in Cookeville, TN
For students that are planning to attend TN Tech University in Cookeville, TN, the scholarship application window opens on August 1st and closes December 15th. Tennessee Tech uses one single application submitted through Scholarweb for the awarding of over 600 scholarship opportunities. One of these opportunities is specific for a student from Lebanon High School, the Harper Family Scholarship. The link below will send you to the TN Tech Website. You should contact TN Tech Office of Scholarships for questions: Email TN Tech Scholarship Office or phone # 931-372-6159.