Department for Exceptional Children Mission Statement
To work in partnership with fellow educators to provide an individualized education program, through a continuum of services, focused on rigorous academic achievement, career skill development, and personal independence in order to empower students to become participants and contributing members of our community.
Programs & Services
Through the Wilson County Department for Exceptional Children, students receive a wide variety of services as recommended by their IEP team members. These services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Behavior And Discipline
- Inclusion into regular classes
- Comprehensive Development Classes
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Gifted Classes
- Resource Classes
- Hearing Services
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Homebound Services
- Transition Services
- Vision Services
How to turn on Closed Captioning for YouTube Videos
- How to turn on captioning in English or other languages:
- Press the CC button and it will start English captioning.
- To play in other languages, click the Settings wheel.
- Click Subtitles/CC
- Click Auto-Translate, scroll to pick your language.
- Audio will be in English when the captioning is running in another language.
- If you need to slow down the speech speed/captioning speed, click on playback speed in Settings.
- If you need to turn off the captions, click CC again.
Exceptional Education Department Hotline
Hotline 615-444-3282, ext. 7479
Department for Exceptional Children Staff Directory
- Becky Adams
- Cindy Anderson
- Amy Cagle
- Caryl Carver
- Kelee Cruz
- Caresa Dodson
- Stacey Galemore
- Alisha Herbison
- Kelly Holland
- Abigail Kirsch
- Holly Lemay-Cranor
- Ellen Mattingly
- Lance McAllister
- AnnMarie O'Daffer
- Kasia Passaniti
- Jessica Peach
- Jennifer Roberts
- Suzanne St. John