Kindergarten Registration 2023-2024
West Elementary Kindergarten pre-registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open. Children must be five years old by August 15, 2023 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year. Please read carefully and follow the instructions below.
- All students doing the pre-registration for Kindergarten or are doing New Student enrollment before July 7th must also do RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION starting July 7.
Never enrolled in Wilson County Schools or Wilson County Pre-K; with NO siblings Enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
YES we have siblings already enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
If your child is currently in a Pre-K program in WCS and your current school is aware of your transfer to West, your child is already in the Skyward program and you do NOT need to complete this step.
Please call or email Paula Crawford instead. Crawfordp@wcschools.com 615-758-5846 ext 5501
Please make sure you have uploaded ALL of the original required documents listed below.
If you do not have the ability to upload your required documents, please click on the following link to make an appointment to bring them to the office to copy/upload.
Click here to sign up for a time to bring in your forms!
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Tennessee School Immunization Certificate*
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Proof of Physical
- Proof of Custody (if parents are divorced/separated)
- Proof of Residence - the Primary custodial parent or guardian shall provide two (2) documents that are original (i.e. not a photocopy), recent (dated within the last 30 days), and include the current name and street address of the parent or legal guardian’s primary residency.
- Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/handwritten letters from the land owner is not accepted); IF YOU LEASE, a signed lease from landlord is required.
- Motor vehicle registration with current address;
- Current bill assigned to specific address – electric, gas, water, landline telephone (cell phone bill not accepted);
- Current employment record (example most recent check stub with home address);
- Place of registration for voting;
- Tennessee Driver’s License with current address;
- Tennessee ID with current address; or
- Documentation from Tennessee Department of Human/Children’s Services for benefits with the current address.
The Attendance Director may verify a student’s residency at any time during the school year.
During any such investigation, the child shall continue to attend school.
Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).
Birth Certificate, parent photo ID, custody papers if applicable, and proof of residence are required at registration.
The TN Immunization form have to be turned in by the first day of school.
*To get a Tennessee School Immunization Certificate, parents should contact their child’s doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a physical. At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.
A copy of the Tennessee School Immunization Certificate must be presented to the school at the time of the enrollment. This Immunization Certificate may be obtained from a private physician or medical facility, such as the Wilson County Health Department.
Step 2: Once you have submitted your application and required documents, you will receive an email with further instructions. You should receive this within a week or so upon sending.