Amanda Smith, Principal
Danielle Floyd, Assistant Principal
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
SUPPLY LIST DISCLAIMER:
- We are hoping students will not need the typical school supplies because of the donations we have recieved. Specifics coming soon.
- Our school wishlist items are paper towels and AAA batteries.
Professional School Counselor: ASCA National Model
Direct Student Services
- Standards-based, developmentally appropriate counseling curriculum for academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Assisting students to set personal goals and develop future plans
- Responsive services via small group and individual counseling to meet students' immediate needs and concerns.
Indirect Student Services
- Referrals to other professionals or community agencies.
- Consultation and collaboration with other counselors, administrators, teachers, parents, community partners.
Program Management & School Support
- Management and accountability tasks and fair-share responsibilities.
The vision of the Wilson County K-8 School Counseling program is to support a school climate in which each student is valued and their developmental needs are considered whilst providing an
opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The K-8 School Counselor shall manage their School Counseling program and services by using data to make informed decisions and follow ethical practices.
The mission of our School Counseling program is to deliver comprehensive, differentiated, and data-driven services to reach all students, which allows students to attain skills and fosters necessary attitudes for academic, career, and social emotional success.
The school counselor believes through the Counseling Program that:
- All students are capable of achievement leading to success in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- All students’ developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors advocate for equal opportunities and fair treatment of all students in the educational setting.
- School counselors are involved in planning, management, delivery, and evaluation of the school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Needs assessments and achievement and other data should be used to design, implement, and evaluate the comprehensive school counseling program in order to best meet all students’ needs so that they are successful in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- Applying the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
What's Up Wilson!
At the 11/30/20 Special Called Board of Education Meeting, a motion "to approve mask mandate for K-5 effective 12-2-2020 to be revisited on January 11, 2021" was passed unanimously. Beginning Wednesday, December 2nd, all K-5 students will be required to wear a mask/face covering as we continue to do whatever we can to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Click the link above for more information.
Effective November 30, 2020, Wilson Central High School will transition to REMOTE LEARNING from 12/1/2020 - 12/11/2020 with the intention for students to return in-person Hybrid the week of 12/14/2020. For more information, click the link above.
Effective Monday, November 30, 2020 Mt. Juliet High School will transition to REMOTE LEARNING from 11/30 to 12/11 with the intention for students to return to Hybrid the week of 12/14/2020. This school closure DOES NOT affect any West Wilson Middle School students attending MJHS. Click link above for more information.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on November 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to reevaluate K-5 remaining on a traditional schedule, and if necessary to take a vote.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!