Kindergarten Pre-Registration Information (2021-2022 School Year)
We are excited about preparing for our new Kindergarten students for the 21-22 school year! While plans are still ongoing for how this process will work, we did want to provide you with some key dates and information for your planning purposes.
- Thursday, February 25th will be the opening date for the 21-22 New Student Online Enrollment which can be found by clicking this link.. You may begin your application for enrollment after this date, however your application won’t be processed until your appointment date in April.
- April 5th – April 16th will be the dates for appointments for telephone conferences with the registrar to complete your Kindergarten Pre-Registration. Parents/Guardians can sign up for an appointment via Signup Genius to go over your enrollment application with the registrar. The link to sign up for an appointment will be added to our website by March 19th. The Sign-Up Genius link can be found by clicking this link.
- We are encouraging families to upload as many of the required documents as possible via the online enrollment process. If you are unable to upload the required documents during the online application for enrollment you can drop those off at the front office or take pictures of them and email them to email@example.com.
- If your child attended the Pre-K program at Carroll-Oakland during the 20-21 school year and plans to attend Kindergarten you will not do a new student online enrollment during the April Kindergarten Pre-Registration. You will wait until the Returning Student Registration opens in July to enroll your student as a returning student.
- All Kindergarten students who complete the pre-registration will also need to complete the final registration process starting July 8, 2021 as a returning student.
Remote Learning Announcement
Carroll-Oakland School (K-8) will be transitioning to REMOTE LEARNING on Monday, December 7 -- Friday December 18th 2020.
This REMOTE LEARNING period will lead into the upcoming Holiday/Winter Break. It’s the intention for students to return to their current respective teaching and learning models on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 (K-5 Traditional, Grades 6-8 Hybrid).
The reason for this change in learning is due to an increasing number of students and staff affected by COVID-19, and out of the extreme caution for keeping our school community healthy.
Food Service will be available using our remote learning protocols. Should any students need food assistance during this time, then please email a cafeteria manager from any other neighboring non-Remote school. Please place those orders by 9:00 a.m. each school day. Meals can be picked up from 11:00-11:30 a.m. The contact info for cafeterias can be found by visiting School Cafeteria Managers.
For families that may be struggling with reliable access to the internet, please know that parking lots at these affected schools have been made available as a hotspot for additional support during this time. Also, please notify your student’s teachers if your internet is not reliable so that we can provide learning packets as needed.
More detailed information about this transition to Remote Learning has been emailed to our families with these schools.
We understand that this is a very difficult time for everyone and we appreciate all of the flexibility extended during implementation of our Remote Learning. Please let your student’s teachers know about individual needs or concerns. We will continue to give you updates as information becomes available.
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on May 8, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting is to have a Preliminary Budget Work Session. No votes will be asked for and no votes taken.
Wilson County Schools will allow Zone Exemptions for current Stoner Creek Elementary School students and 2021-2022 Stoner Creek Elementary Kindergarten students until May 7, 2021. Click the link above for more information and a copy of the request form.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on April 29, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to approve the contract to lease portable classrooms. The regular scheduled Work Session will follow at 5:00 p.m.
Wilson County Schools is very pleased to announce that W.A. Wright Elementary and Green Hill High School are recipients of 2021 Tennessee Valley Authority STEM Grants. These two schools are among 200 schools throughout the seven-state TVA coverage area to receive these grant funds. The competitive grant program provided teachers an opportunity to apply for funding up to $5,000. W.A. Wright Elementary received $3,500 and Green Hill High School was awarded $5,000 of STEM grant funds. Click the link above for more information.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!