The vision of the Wilson County K-8 School Counseling program is to support a school climate in which each student is valued and their development needs are considered whilst providing an opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The K-8 School Counselor shall manage their School Counseling program and services by using data to make informed decisions and follow ethical practices.
The mission of our School Counseling program is to deliver comprehensive, differentiated, and data-driven services to reach all students, which allows students to attain skills and fosters necessary attitudes for academic, career, and social emotional success.
The Mt. Juliet Middle School counselors believe:
- All students have dignity and deserve respect.
- All students are capable of learning and becoming productive adults.
- All students have individual learning needs and styles.
- All students’ differences in regards to ethnicity, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation should be respected, and all students should feel included in the school community regardless of these or other differences.
- All students deserve to learn in a safe and nurturing high-quality environment.
- All students should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program administered by a full-time, state-certified, master’s-degree-level school counselor.
- The school counselor should serve as a leader and collaborator in assessing students’ barriers to learning and developing strategies to help students find success.
- The school counselor should use data to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The school counselor should be familiar with and abide by the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
MJMS School Counseling Department:
MJMS School Counseling Office:
Please contact April Nemeth in the main office with general questions or to direct your call.
MJMS School Counselors:
Jade Yow Bowman - 6th Grade School Counselor (Office at MJMS)
Katie Rozzell- 7th Grade School Counselor (Office at MJMS)
Megan LaRock - 8thh Grade School Counselor (Office at GHHS)
To Be Announced
** Please contact your grade level school counselor, or your son/daughter's teacher for a STARS referral form**
Assistant Principals/Email for Each Grade Level:
Assistant Principal, Mr. Willis, 8th Grade
Assistant Principal, Mrs. Butcher, 7th Grade
Assistant Principal, Ms. Simpson, 6th Grade
**MJMS Registrar's Office:
Kendria Spicer- MJMS Registrar/EIS Specialist
615-754-6688 Location is at MJMS, RM 104
**Request records, withdraw or enroll