The vision of the Wilson County K-8 School Counseling program is to support a school climate in which each student is valued and their development needs are considered whilst providing an opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The K-8 School Counselor shall manage their School Counseling program and services by using data to make informed decisions and follow ethical practices.
The mission of our School Counseling program is to deliver comprehensive, differentiated, and data-driven services to reach all students, which allows students to attain skills and fosters necessary attitudes for academic, career, and social emotional success.
The Mt. Juliet Middle School counselors believe:
- All students have dignity and deserve respect.
- All students are capable of learning and becoming productive adults.
- All students have individual learning needs and styles.
- All students’ differences in regards to ethnicity, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation should be respected, and all students should feel included in the school community regardless of these or other differences.
- All students deserve to learn in a safe and nurturing high-quality environment.
- All students should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program administered by a full-time, state-certified, master’s-degree-level school counselor.
- The school counselor should serve as a leader and collaborator in assessing students’ barriers to learning and developing strategies to help students find success.
- The school counselor should use data to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The school counselor should be familiar with and abide by the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Jade Yow-Bowman - 6th Grade Counselor
Meredith Davis - 7th Grade Counselor
Nikki Fosnes - 8th Grade Counselor - Mrs. Fosnes will return from Maternity leave on February 4th.
Nancy Wilson - Interim 8th Grade Counselor
Linda Ligon - Guidance Secretary
Please Welcome Ms. Davis to our Counseling Department!
My name is Meredith Davis. I am the new 7th grade School Counselor! This is my fourth year working as a School Counselor, and I am thrilled to be at Mt. Juliet Middle School as this semester begins. In my free time, you can find me at the dog park with my new dog, Scout. He just turned a year old and is over sixty pounds! Below is a picture of my boy. Also pictured is a time when I did a Challenge Walk for Multiple Sclerosis. We walked fifty miles in one weekend!!
I am excited to journey with you all. Please contact me, if you need me!
Phone: 615-754-6688 Ext. 5821