WELCOME TO THE GMS LIBRARY
Library Hours: 8:15-3:45
Follow us on Instagram for all the latest library news! @gladevillemslibrary
LIBRARY RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Students may visit the library before school and during lunch. Passes can be found in the cafeteria/commons area.
- Students may visit the library during class time if they have a pass from a teacher. If a student comes to the library without a pass, he or she will be sent back to class.
- Students must sign in when they enter the library and sign out when they leave.
- Students are allowed to check out 2 books at a time.
- Books are checked out to students for 2 week intervals. Students may renew books for an additional two weeks.
- Books should be returned in the book return slot located at the front of the library.
- Students will be unable to check out additional books until all late books are returned.
- At the end of each quarter, past due book obligations will be entered into Skyward. Students/parents will not be able to access the Skyward account until the book has been turned in or paid for.
- Students/parents will be expected to pay for any lost or damaged library materials.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in the library.
- Cell phone use in the library is prohibited.
- Students are expected to treat the library's resources, the library staff, and one another with respect at all times.
- If students do not abide by library rules, they will be sent back to class.
A NOTE TO PARENTS
In a library that serves students ranging in ages from eleven to fourteen, a wide variety of materials are needed. What is interesting and appropriate for eleven-year-olds may not be interesting and/or appropriate for fourteen-year-olds. Parents are encouraged to engage their children in dialogue about what they are reading. If you find that your child is reading a book of which you do not approve, please send the book back to the library and we will work together to find something that your child can enjoy.