About Your Librarian:
My name is Dana Hix. This will be my eigth year as a full-time librarian in Wilson County and my second as an elementary librarian.
I received my Bachelors degree from MTSU in Recording Industry Management. After working in the music industry for 15 years, I decided to stay home after having children. During that time I went back to school and earned my Master of Education degree from MTSU.
In May 2000, my husband, Kevin, and I were married. We welcomed our daughter, Avery, in January 2004, and a son, Kalen, in November, 2005. We have lived in Mount Juliet, TN for 12 years.
As a school librarian, I am looking forward to a wonderful year getting to know students, helping with research, picking out books, and learning from everyone in the school community.
- To develop students into digitally literate, lifelong learners
- To offer materials that students and faculty can use to research a wide variety of topics correlating with state standards for curriculum
- To provide patrons a variety of genres for required and recreational reading
- To provide assistance to students and faculty in using technology
- To provide a welcoming space for students and faculty
In order to keep the books accessible to all students, yet help them read appropriate material, the following policies apply at Lakeview Elementary School library:
- Students in K and 1st may check out 2 book per class, after they have been taught how to take care of the books. Students in 2nd-5th grade may check out up to 3 books each time they visit the library.
- The loan period is 1 week (one related arts rotation).
- Students will be encouraged to return books in a timely fashion, but no fines will be calculated for overdue books.
- Students are responsible for paying for lost or severely damaged books. Molded books will be considered severely damaged and must be paid for.
- A student may renew a book 1 time, if there is not a wait-list for that book. If there is a wait-list, they must return the book but can be added to the bottom of the wait-list.
- All books the are due must be brought back in order for the student to check out any other books.
Click on the authors below to visit their Reading Room. Then, click a book to have a story read to you!