View the Letter to VLP Parents, Student Handbook, and Addendum on the Student Handbook 2020-2021 information page.
FERPA Consent Form
Guidelines & Expectations
Daily Learning Schedules
VLP Contact Information
If you have questions about the Virtual Learning Program, follow these steps below:
- Contact the teacher
- Contact the home/zoned school administrator contact
- Contact Jill Gilbert, VLP Admin
Elzie D. Patton Elementary School - LaConda McKinney
Gladeville Elementary School - Amy Dunlap
Lakeview Elementary School - Kori Medd
Mt. Juliet Elementary School - Brandy Comer
Rutland Elementary School - Shaunna Davis
Springdale Elementary School - Christine Miller
Stoner Creek Elementary School - Danielle Floyd
W.A. Wright Elementary School - Steven Wright
Watertown Elementary School - Kathleen Davis
West Elementary School - Rachel Cook
Wilson County Schools Virtual Learning Program ensures a virtual environment in which every student develops high personal expectations, knowledge, and skills necessary to be successful.
Virtual Learning Program FAQ
Virtual Learning Program FAQs
When do VLP classes start?
- Classes will start on August 25. More information will be provided during the Virtual Student Orientation.
Are Learning Coaches Required?
- Required for Grades K-8 in the virtual setting.
- Parents will need to stay informed of student's progress for all grade-levels K-12.
Are there resources for Learning Coaches?
- Yes, parents and/or Learning Coaches will be required to view several courses in Parent University prior to orientation.
Will VLP schedules be the same as the district schedule?
- Virtual learning schedules have been set-up to run independently of the regular school setting regardless of the district's model (Traditional/Hybrid/Remote). Students in the virtual setting will maintain a consistent schedule.
What will virtual schedules look like?
- Synchronous (learning at the same time) sessions will take place during school hours based on the teachers' teaching schedule.
- Asynchronous (learning independently) lessons and activities will be loaded online for students to complete by the due dates.
What about school supplies?
- Virtual learners will receive a suggested list of school supplies during virtual orientation. Any other school-issued workbooks, textbooks, or resources will be provided when devices are issued at orientation.