Family Resource Center Overview
The Wilson County Schools Family Resource Center exists to provide leadership, educational support and resources, and to implement quality programs that strive to engage and empower families.
Our vision is to provide families with the necessary life skills, information, education, and resources to ensure the best education for Wilson County Children.
Wilson County Schools Family Resource Center provides parenting support and education that can make your role as a parent less stressful and more enjoyable. Some of the challenges of parenting can be:
It is natural for all parents to have some or all of these feelings at times. This is why parenting support and education is so important. Parenting is rewarding because your child is amazing and capable of endless possibilities. One of our goals is to help eliminate any barriers that might prevent a child from being successful academically and/or socially.
We live by the John Wooden quote, "You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."
Possible Summer Resources
Wilson County Help Center is providing vital services (not open for donations or shopping).
Curbside Service Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm vital services.
- Food Boxes (CURRENT NEEDS: Pork & Beans; Canned meats (except tuna) soups, saltines, boxes of cereal; drop off at front or call 615-449-1856)
- Utility Help
- Medical Prescriptions for uninsured
- Ensure for the elderly and cancer patients via a doctors order
- Gas vouchers to get to out of county Dr. appointments that are adjacent to your Wilson County residency.
The Long Term Disaster Recovery Team is being organized. A chairperson will be identified and a board will be created around several key services: Case Management; Spiritual Care and Counseling; Construction (Repairing Damaged Homes); Materials / Furnishings; Volunteer Management; Funding Procurement and Distribution. Each service area will work with churches and other volunteers across the county.
Recover Wilson is partnering with several organizations with experience in Disaster Recovery. The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), Community Resource Center, and Westminster Home Connection. These groups have been working together in Middle Tennessee since the 2010 flood and service Wilson County.
Possible Counseling Resources:
Alive Hospice in Lebanon-Shelby Gentemen, (615) 963-4732
Lantern Lane Counseling Services in Mt Juliet-(615) 973-5454
Berea Church of Christ
Contact person: Matt Donaldson
Address: 50 Berea Church Rd. Lebanon, Tn, 37087
Available services: Food Pantry
College Hills Church of Christ
Contact person: (call church office)
Address: 1401 Leeville Pike, Lebanon, Tn 37087
- Food Pantry-Mondays 9:00-11:00 am
- Possible Utility bills payments- call to get an appt.-usually Monday mornings.
- Pregnancy Help Center- diapers, wipes, baby clothes, supplies, (sometimes)- cribs, high chairs, car seats. Wednesday evenings 6:30pm.
CrossPoint of Mt. Juliet
Contact person: Kyle Sullivan
Address: 85 Athens Drive, Mt. Juliet, Tn ,37122
- Some benevolence $ set aside
- No food pantry
Garden of Prayer Tabernacle
Contact person: Angela Howard
Address:1015 Bluebird Road, Lebanon, Tn. 37087
Phone: 615-784-4620 or 615-752-7215
- Free meals to children in Lebanon and various locations in Wilson County for summer of 2018
(sites announced in their upcoming newsletter)
The Glade Church
Contact person: Robert Post
Address: 9000 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Mt. Juliet, Tn 37122
- Family assistance department
- Food Pantry Mon.-Thurs. 8:00am-4:00pm to pick up food boxes
Contact person: Eddie Wilson
Address: 10085 Lebanon Rd. Mt. Juliet, Tn 37122
- Food Pantry-’The Pantry at the Landing
Thurs. 5:00 pm-8:00 pm, Fri. 1pm-4pm
Lebanon First United Church
Contact person: Pam Vandever
Address: 415 West Maint Street, Lebanon TN 37087
Available services: Food pantry
Mt. Juliet Church of Christ
Contact person: Dennis Nosal
Address: 1904 North Mt. Juliet Rd., Mt. Juliet, Tn 37122
- Food Pantry Tues. and Thurs. 9:00 am-11:00am.
- Limited financial help (only Mt. Juliet residence)
- Benevolence Room- Tues. and Thurs. 9am -noon.
Webb’s Chapel Baptist Church
Contact person:Brody Ferrell
Address: 120 Davis Rd. Lebanon, Tn. 37087
Available services: Some funding for children needs
Mt. Juliet Help Center
The Mt. Juliet Help Center offers confidential emergency food assistance to the residents of West Wilson County. They also offer emergency utility assistance, have bread and pastries and a limited selection of clothing items available in the lobby.
Address: 3425 B North Mt. Juliet Rd (next to Celebration Lutheran Church)
Hours: M-F 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
The Wilson County School System and Administration of the schools do not endorse or sponsor these events.
The Family Resource Center provides:
- Referrals for public services
- Lending Library
- Eye exams and glasses through the Lions Club
- Parenting Classes
- Backpack or Kids weekend food program (school year)
- Aid with needs such as food, clothing, school supplies, etc.
- Group meetings and home visitation through Wilson County Parents as Teachers
Homework Hotline is a resource available for students who need homework assistance. Teachers are available Monday-Thursday from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. For information, please visit the Homework Hotline website. For assistance, students and parents can call Homework Hotline at 615-298-6636. If administrators have questions, please contact Rebekah Vance at email@example.com