5:00 PM Board Work Session
August 2, 2021
6:00 PM Board Meeting
August 3, 2021
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Open House
August 4, 2021
August 5, 2021
September 6, 2021
Amanda Smith, Principal
Danielle Floyd, Assistant Principal
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Summer Office Hours:
- Appointment only: Call (615) 754-6300
- 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
August 3, 2021
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
FALL PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE
September 21, 2021
3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The USDA announced that free lunches would continue to be served to ALL students once again for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. With that assistance already in place, our District is still seeking to obtain completed applications from families who would likely apply and qualify for free/reduced priced meals. It is important to receive these applications in order to attain the maximum amount of federal assistance for other programs (outside of free meals) that greatly benefit our students and families.
For more information and instructions on applying, visit Free & Reduced Meal Application 2021-2022.
Stoner Creek Student Registration 2021-2022
Do you need help registering your student for the upcoming school year? Please make an appointment by calling (615) 754-6300. Again this is appointment only.
Professional School Counselor: ASCA National Model
Direct Student Services
- Standards-based, developmentally appropriate counseling curriculum for academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Assisting students to set personal goals and develop future plans
- Responsive services via small group and individual counseling to meet students' immediate needs and concerns.
Indirect Student Services
- Referrals to other professionals or community agencies.
- Consultation and collaboration with other counselors, administrators, teachers, parents, community partners.
Program Management & School Support
- Management and accountability tasks and fair-share responsibilities.
The vision of the Wilson County K-8 School Counseling program is to support a school climate in which each student is valued and their developmental needs are considered whilst providing an
opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The K-8 School Counselor shall manage their School Counseling program and services by using data to make informed decisions and follow ethical practices.
The mission of our School Counseling program is to deliver comprehensive, differentiated, and data-driven services to reach all students, which allows students to attain skills and fosters necessary attitudes for academic, career, and social emotional success.
The school counselor believes through the Counseling Program that:
- All students are capable of achievement leading to success in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- All students’ developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors advocate for equal opportunities and fair treatment of all students in the educational setting.
- School counselors are involved in planning, management, delivery, and evaluation of the school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Needs assessments and achievement and other data should be used to design, implement, and evaluate the comprehensive school counseling program in order to best meet all students’ needs so that they are successful in academics, social/emotional development, and college and careers.
- Applying the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
What's Up Wilson!
If your child will attend Wilson County Schools for the 2021-2021 school year and you would like help with the online registration process, there will be an assistance opportunity on July 22. Click the link above for more information.
On Saturday, July 31, the annual SCHOOL STORE will be held at College Hills Church in Lebanon. For more information, click the link above.
Wilson County School Board will meet for an Annual Retreat on Saturday, July 17, 2021 from 11:30 – 4:00 p.m. in Gatlinburg, TN, following the TSBA Summer Law Institute Conference. The purpose of the meeting will be to provide board training. No business will be transacted and no votes will be taken.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on June 28, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to vote on the FY 2021-2022 Revised Budget, Abolished Positions and Early Retirement Incentive.