- Wilson County School District
Return to Headlines
School Re-Entry Information: October 1, 2020
- During the October 1, 2020 Board of Education Meeting, it was determined that following Fall Break, 4th AND 5th graders will transition to “Full Time Traditional.” That will begin on Monday, October 12th.
- Upon return from Fall Break, students in grades 6-12 will remain on the Modified Hybrid schedule until further notice. However, the district will evaluate health trends and data closely in 20 school day increments following Fall Break. That will provide guidance in determining the next best course of action for teaching and learning plans involving grades 6-12. Following that monitoring period, please understand that could mean: remain in Modified Hybrid, transition to Traditional or even transition to Remote. An update on teaching and learning plans for grades 6-12 will be discussed at the November 2nd BOE Meeting.
- Pre-K through 3rd graders transitioned into “Full Time Traditional” a few weeks ago. Their format will remain the same with no changes.
- In terms of mask procedures, the requirement of face coverings will remain in effect for students in grades 6-12.
- While masks are not a requirement at the elementary level, the district does strongly encourage the use of face coverings for grades K-5.
- If you need to be refreshed on mask procedures for grades 6-12, then that can be found on our Health & Safety Protocols page.
VIRTUAL LEARNING PROGRAM
- For families who wish to enroll their students in the Virtual Learning Program for Spring 2021, that enrollment process will begin on Monday, October 12th and end on Friday, October 30th.
- The 10/30/20 end date for that enrollment is a hard deadline and no additional students will be permitted in the VLP beyond that date. The reason for the deadline is due to the extreme complex planning process that goes into the VLP. Getting an accurate count of students is essential in preparing the VLP to operate as efficiently as possible.
- The VLP enrollment process will be available via Skyward.
- Please note: If a student is currently enrolled in the VLP and the family wants to remain in the VLP, then a re-enrollment for Spring 2021 is necessary.
WCS COVID DASHBOARD
- We also want to inform everyone that a district WCS COVID Dashboard for updated COVID-19 information has been created.
- The dashboard is intended to provide a weekly update on total positive case counts and close contact quarantine information overall within our district. The information is displayed in a way where weekly districtwide information can be easily compared.
- The dashboard will be updated each Monday.