Kindergarten /New Student Enrollment
Rutland Elementary Kindergarten/New Student registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open.
Children must be five years old by August 15, 2021 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. Please follow the two steps below.
- Never enrolled in Wilson County Schools or Wilson County Pre-K; with NO siblings Enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
- YES we have siblings already enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
Please make sure you have uploaded all of the original required documents listed below.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (requested)
- Tennessee School Immunization Certificate*
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Proof of Physical
- Proof of Custody (if parents are divorced/separated)
- Proof of Residence - the Primary custodial parent or guardian shall provide two (2) documents that are original (i.e. not a photocopy), recent (dated within the last 30 days), and include the current name and street address of the parent or legal guardian’s primary residency.
- Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand written letters from the land owner is not accepted); IF YOU LEASE, a signed lease is required.
- Motor vehicle registration with current address;
- Current bill assigned to specific address – electric, gas, water, landline telephone (cell phone bill not accepted);
- Current employment record (example most recent check stub with home address);
- Place of registration for voting;
- Tennessee Driver’s License with current address;
- Tennessee ID with current address; or
- Documentation from Tennessee Department of Human/Children’s Services for benefits with the current address.
The Attendance Director may verify a student’s residency at any time during the school year. During any such investigation, the child shall continue to attend school.
Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).
*To get a Tennessee School Immunization Certificate, parents should contact their child’s doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a physical. At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.