VOLUNTARY PRE-K PROGRAM 2020-2021 ONLINE APPLICATION
Our district is working very hard to get the approximate numbers to expect for the next school year involving Pre-K and Kindergarten students. Although we are in this precautionary extended closure, it's very important to go ahead and complete this online process if you haven't done so already. That way, our involved staff can prepare better to serve you and your child during the 2020-2021 school year.
All children in the Pre-K Program must turn 4 by August 15th of the current school year.
For more answers to frequently asked questions click here for PDF
We know many families are new to our Wilson County communities each year, so please share with those who you feel may need this information.
- The registration date for incoming Pre-Kindergarten was canceled at the beginning of this month but will be rescheduled for a future date.
- Parents interested in applying for the 2020-2021 Voluntary Pre-K program can apply by visiting our Pre-K Program page.
Should you have any questions, please contact please contact Lisa Baldwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Priority for enrollment is given to children who:
- Turn four years old by August 15, 2020
- The family meets federal income poverty guidelines
2nd Priority for enrollment is given to children who:
- Have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
- Are in State or Foster Care
- Is an English Language Learner
- Has a parent deployed in active military duty
Any additional spaces will be filled on first come, first serve basis (based on the received application date and need.) Families will be notified as soon as possible if additional spaces are available.
Directions for completed Voluntary Pre-K Application
- Go to www.wcschools.com
- Click on Students and Family
- Click on Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Click on Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment (Required documents for Pre-K are listed here)
- Read through the information then click on New Student Enrollment at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll to Instructions for Completing Online Enrollment
- Read through the two options (currently have a student enrolled in WCS and need to enroll a new student OR you are new to the WCS system)
- Follow the directions under that option that applies to you
- Complete application and upload required documents
- Once you have submitted your complete application, someone in the Pre-K department will contact you.
For Additional Information Contact:
Pre-K Program Assistant
www.wcschools.com click Parent Tab, then Registration
www.wcschools.com: Let's Talk
Required Documents for Pre-K Registration
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Current shot record (with signed physical)
- Two proofs of residence
- Medical insurance card
- Copy of W-2 or most recent year tax return
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- EBT or WIC card (if applicable)