May a student attend school if he/she is living with someone who is not a parent or legal guardian?

Posted by:

Unless the student qualifies as “student in transition”, it is necessary for the student to live with a parent or legal guardian to enroll in school. Legal guardianship can only be transferred through the juvenile court system. A power of attorney signed by the parent does not give an individual legal custody of a child.