April 29, 2021
5:00 PM Board Work Session
April 30, 2021
May 3, 2021
6:00 PM Board Meeting
May 6, 2021
May 12, 2021
May 31, 2021
2021-2022 PreK - Kindergarten & New Student Enrollment Now Open
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR OR PRE-ENROLLMENT FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Visit New Student Online Enrollment for instructions on the registration process.
RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION 2021-2022: Opens July 8, 2021
Visit Returning Student Registration on July 8, 2021 if your student ends the 2020-2021 school year with us, pre-enrolled, or is a rising 9th grader from Lebanon Special School District.
Health and Safety Protocols
- Arrival Procedures (applies to staff and students):
Morning arrival will address both car riders, bus riders and faculty and staff. Car riders will enter through both rear vestibules where students will undergo temperature checks upon arrival. Similarly, bus riders will enter the front vestibule and students will also undergo temperature checks upon arrival. Faculty and staff will go to the front office for temperature checks and COVID questioning upon arrival and before contact with students.
- If a student or faculty/staff has a temperature of 100.4 or higher the student or faculty/staff will immediately be sent to the nurse for further evaluation.
- Once a student’s temperature has been checked and there is no fever, students will go straight to their classroom and wait outside the door until the teacher directs them to enter the classroom.
- Once in the classroom students will be asked the questions below regarding COVID.
Have you been in close contact with a person who had a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- If students or faculty/staff are determined to have symptoms of COVID they will immediately be referred to the nurse’s office for further evaluation.
- Students will be provided a symptom awareness lesson one time per week.
● Reduce number of people in common areas
Students will go straight to their classrooms at arrival. At dismissal students will stay in their classroom until they are called to their car or bus.
● Spread out and utilize spaces at lunch and recess
Students will have assigned seats at breakfast and lunch. Recess times will be staggered to prevent numerous classes being on the playground at the same time.
● Virtual clinic referrals
Virtual Clinic referrals will take place once a student has stated there is a symptom based on the symptom questionnaire. Virtual clinic referrals will be used to help eliminate the number of students in the clinic at one time.
● Clean desks between class changes
Students will have assigned seats in the classroom and desks will be cleaned between all class changes.
● Avoid shared supplies
Students will avoid sharing supplies as much as possible. If supplies are to be shared, they will need to be sanitized prior to use by the next student.
● Hygiene routines for staff and students:
● Face Coverings – Updated August 3, 2020 at the Board of Education of Meeting: Face Coverings or Face Shields will be required for all staff and students until the action is rescinded by the Wilson County Board of Education.
Pursuant to Governor Lee’s Executive Order No. 54, our district will comply will the recommendation that children 12 years or younger will not be required to wear a face covering. Also, the district’s requirement of face coverings or face shields will not apply to those who have trouble breathing due to an underlying health condition or another bona fide medical or health-related reason.
This language is reflected in Executive Order No. 54. That order was extended by Governor Lee last week in sequential Executive Order No. 55. While that order will expire on August 29, our face covering mandate for the district will remain in place until the BOE feels that it is safe to rescind that mandate.
The purpose of the face covering or face shield mandate is to help keep our students, teachers and staff safe in our schools, with hopes of returning to traditional teaching and learning as soon as it's feasible.
● Face coverings are required on the bus as well as assigned seats on the bus. Face coverings will be required for students using District-provided transportation, including school buses. Face coverings can be provided by the parent/guardian; if not, one will be provided. Refusal to wear a face covering while using District-provided transportation will be considered a Category 1 offense and could result in the student’s suspension from the school bus. Continued refusal may result in the student’s removal from transportation.
● Students will have assigned seats in the classroom and cafeteria to allow for contact tracing
● No field trips, assemblies, or parent visitors to the school for lunch
Staying Home when Appropriate
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on April 14, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to vote for the Director of Schools.
The Wilson County Board of Education will call back in to session the recessed meeting held on April 5, 2021. The resumed meeting will be on April 12, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon TN 37087. The purpose of the Board Meeting will be to discuss, and vote if necessary, on any matters legally brought before the Board.
The Wilson County Board of Education would like to announce the two final applicants for Director of Schools, Dr. Aimee Wyatt and Mr. Jeff Luttrell, will be touring Wilson County Schools with Dr. Wright. The board will have dinner with each applicant followed by a community meeting, which is open to the public. Click the link above for dates and times.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!