May 31, 2021
June 3, 2021
5:00 PM Board Work Session
June 4, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
6:00 PM Board Meeting
June 10, 2021
May 5-TN Ready Writing; ELA Part 1
Chromebooks and chargers should be brought to school each day.
Please make sure your child brings their Chromebook to school fully charged each day. We appreciate your help!
September 17, 2020 3:30-5:30
For new students interested in enrolling in Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year.
1st priority for enrollment is given to children who:
- Turn four years old by August 15, 2020
- The family meets federal invome poverty guidelines
2nd priority for enrollment is give to chilren who:
- Have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
- Are in State or Foster Care
- Is an English Language Learner
- Has a parent deployed in active military duty
Any additonal spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis (based on the received application date and need). Families will be notified as soon as possible if additonal spaces are available.
Directions for completing Voluntary Application
- Go to www.wcschools.com
- Click on Students and Family
- Click on Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Click on Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment (Required documents for Pre-K are listed here)
- Read through the information then click on New Student Enrollment at the bottom of the page
- Scroll to Instructions for Completing Online Enrollment
- Read through the two options (currently have a student enrolled in WCS and need to enroll a new student OR you are new to the WCS system)
- Follow the directions under the option that applies to you
- Complete application and upload required documents
- Once you have submitted your complete application, someone in the Pre-K department will contact you.
Required Documents for Pre-K Registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Current Shot Record (with signed physical)
- Two Proofs of Residence
- Medical Insurance Card
- Copy of W-2 or most recent year tax return
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- EBT or WIC Card (if applicable)
For Additional Information Contact:
Lisa Baldwin, Voluntary Pre-K Program Assistant
Jenn Moreland, Voluntary Pre-K Lead
Anne Barger, Voluntary Pre-K Supervisor
www.wcschools.com--Click Parent Tab, then Registration
www.wcschools.com--Click Let's Talk
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on May 8, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting is to have a Preliminary Budget Work Session. No votes will be asked for and no votes taken.
Wilson County Schools will allow Zone Exemptions for current Stoner Creek Elementary School students and 2021-2022 Stoner Creek Elementary Kindergarten students until May 7, 2021. Click the link above for more information and a copy of the request form.
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on April 29, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to approve the contract to lease portable classrooms. The regular scheduled Work Session will follow at 5:00 p.m.
Wilson County Schools is very pleased to announce that W.A. Wright Elementary and Green Hill High School are recipients of 2021 Tennessee Valley Authority STEM Grants. These two schools are among 200 schools throughout the seven-state TVA coverage area to receive these grant funds. The competitive grant program provided teachers an opportunity to apply for funding up to $5,000. W.A. Wright Elementary received $3,500 and Green Hill High School was awarded $5,000 of STEM grant funds. Click the link above for more information.
It's time for another "Academic Minute!"
This week Wiley talks about the "Imagination Station STEM Bus" and the big plans it has for activities beginning in August of this year! It's never too early too get excited about STEM and Wiley is all in - your child will be too after you watch this!